1.It's Riya

I woke up with my mom shouting at me for the nth time but I'm used to it like every other child. I got freshened up as soon as I can so that I can spend some time with my family before they leave for their vacation. This vacation was planned by dad when I was in my college but they are finally going for it after I completed my college and became a doctor. Yes I'm a doctor. Dr. Riya Kapoor.

I took a day off from my work for few days so that I can spend some time with my parents. I came down and sat beside my father who is as usual indulged in his newspaper.

"Kapoor saheb please keep that damn newspaper aside for one day and help me with these bags. Come and check if you need something else." My mom shouted from my parents bedroom.

"Can't mess with the lioness when she's in work" I whispered to my dad. We both shared a giggle before we got up to help my mom with packing.

After what felt like an year we finally completed packing and reached the airport.

"Lock the doors properly and cross check three times. Eat healthy, don't always order those stupid fast foods, Sleep on time..." my mom repeated her same old lecture for the 100th time before the boarding announcement came.

"Okay Sheela darling! Take care of my handsome and darling dad"

I hugged my parents and bid them farewell.

The thought of being alone at home for a long time was rather scary for me but I didn't want to stop them from having their own time which they rarely had due to the responsibilities of me and my brother.

I started driving home. I was lost in my own thoughts when a person suddenly jumped in front of my car. I pressed the break hard and the car stopped inches away from him. I got down to check upon him. I was so terrified by what just happened. I composed myself and got down to check upon him.