10. The Slap

Riya

The wedding is approaching and all are busy with preparations.

I and Druv became very close in this week. I still have a feeling that he might be my Riyansh but it's not possible because he is a year older than my Riyansh. They both look exactly the same. So I sneaked into Shivaay's room when I was at his place. I saw Druv's birth certificate and he is a year older than Riyansh. My hope shattered at that moment. 

Tomorrow my cousin, my best friend is getting married. Yes Rudra is my cousin besides being my best friend. He's my bua's son. 

It's Rudra and Tanya's haldi ceremony today.

So I got dressed up and went down. My bua wanted me to wear a lehenga for every event. I tried to convince her but gave up at last.

I was talking to the event manager when suddenly one of the guests fell to the ground

I was talking to the event manager when suddenly one of the guests fell to the ground. I rushed towards him. 

I opened his first two shirt buttons and checked touching under his chest. I was right. He has tension pneumothorax. I have to treat him immediately. I asked the staff to bring a first aid kit.

But before the staff returned I felt a hand dragging me away from the patient by my hand. I looked at that face and my entire past rolled in front of my eyes. The past I always wanted to forget.

She is looking at me with disgust and anger in her eyes. My trance broke when my cheek had a burning sensation due to her slap.

"Stay away from my husband!" she warned me and kneeled near him.

I have to treat him immediately. I can't wait for ambulance.

I found Rudra and Rahul coming towards us looking at the crowd gathered.

"Rudra!" I shouted on the top of my lungs. He came running towards me.

"What happened? Who dared to hurt you?" He is roaring in anger. 

The handprints on my cheek are enough for him to figure that out. 

"Hold her back. I need to treat him." I said ignoring his question. 

He didn't question any further as he understood the seriousness of the situation. 

Rudra and Rahul held her back at a safe distance when I knelt near the patient and treated him.

I made a small hole below his chest to remove the air that got into pleural space. 

After I made sure he was okay the ambulance arrived. I briefed about the situation to the staff and sent him to the hospital for further examination.

All the time she is shouting and cursing me. She is Mrs. Mahima. 

After I'm done I asked Rudra to leave her. 

The moment she got released she marched towards me. 

She raised her hand in the air to slap me. I closed my eyes in anticipation. But her hand never landed on my cheek.