11. Dhruv!

Riya

I woke up the next morning and went to get ready for the wedding. I am not in a great mood but I can't stay gloomy and make others worry about me. I walked out wearing the lehenga I chose for the wedding. It's a beautiful green lehenga. I wore a little makeup and wore jewelry. I made my hair into curls and adorned it with maang teeka. 

I walked out of my room but bumped into someone

I walked out of my room but bumped into someone. I lost my balance and was about to fall but two muscular arms surrounded my waist holding me from falling. 

I slowly opened my eyes and peeked at the handsome face that saved me. He is looking into my eyes with so much intensity that my cheeks started burning in the heat. His hair is perfectly jelled back. His three-piece suit fitted him perfectly. He is looking like someone who walked straight out of a magazine. Why this man is so handsome?

We heard someone shouting at a worker about working properly which broke our trance. He made me stand straight and moved back a little making me yearn for his warmth. 

"How are you?" He asked with eyes full of concern and some other emotion that I can't understand.

"I am fine! Thank you for being there for me!" I replied with a smile. I am genuinely thankful to him for being there for me when I needed someone. 

"I will always be there for you Riya!" He said, his eyes seem to be holding a promise. These words from his mouth made me feel like he is going to be there for me no matter what.  I don't know why but I know that he will always be there for me.

"Shall we go?" He asked looking at his watch. 

I nodded and we both went down to where the wedding is taking place. Dhruv came running towards us as soon as he saw us and hugged Shivaay tightly. Shivaay picked him up in his hands.

"Hey, champ!" I wished him ruffling his hair. He forwarded his hands towards me. Shivaay passed him to me. Our hands brushed against each other while doing so making me feel butterflies. His mere touch is affecting me so much.

"I want Ice-cream!" Dhruv screeched to which we both smiled looking at him.

"Let's go and meet the bride and groom first. We can have Ice cream after the wedding champ!" Shivaay replied to which Dhruv nodded in understanding. 

We both reached the wedding venue and I am genuinely very happy for my cousin. He found his soulmate. Soon the wedding is completed and we all moved to have dinner.

Tanya, Rudra, and I are sitting at a table. Dhruv and Shivaay came toward us and Dhruv held my free hand and started moving it back and fro.

"What's up champ?" I asked ruffling his hair with my other hand leaving the fork.

"Feed me!" His voice came out as a mere whisper. His glossy eyes made my heart clench. I looked at Shivaay for an answer. He mouthed he'll say later to which I nodded. I picked up Dhruv and made him sit on my lap. Shivaay was about to go but I did something which shocked me even. I held his arm as soon as he turned to leave. 

"Sit with us!" I said in a pleading tone. He didn't speak a word. He just sat in the chair beside me.

"So baby, what do you want to eat?" I asked Dhruv holding him from his back with my hand resting on his stomach and him on my lap. He pointed to roti and paneer.

I tore a piece of roti and dipped it in paneer and fed him after blowing it a few times so that it will cool down.

I looked at Shivaay who is looking at both of us with moist eyes and a beautiful smile on his lips. His smile feels like he is content and satisfied but mostly happy looking at both of us. I gestured for him to have his food with my eyes but he just kept staring at both of us lovingly.

"Feed Papa too!" Dhruv said while chewing his food which made both of us turn toward him. Tanya and Rudra left a few minutes ago to meet some of Rudra's friends. 

"Baby she can't feed me!" Shivaay replied with a sad smile. My heart clenched looking at sadness in his eyes. I don't know why but I can't see him sad.

"She is feeding me. So, she can feed you too!" Dhruv said looking at me with eyes full of hope.

"But you are a kid! I am a grown-up man! She can't feed me!" Shivaay said again. He is clearly very sad about something. 

"I saw it in movies! Girls will feed grown-up people too!" Dhruv answered again being stubborn. Shivaay looked so helpless right now. "Please make Papa eat!" Dhruv said looking at me and giving me his best puppy eyes which can melt anyone's heart.

"You don't need to!" Shivaay said and was about to get up. I held his arm and made him sit again. I tore a piece of roti and added panner to it before taking it in front of his mouth.

He looked at the roti in front of him then at my face and a lone tear escaped his eyes. He moved forward and took a bite before wiping his tears.

Soon Dhruv said he is full. Rahul took him in his hands and went to his room leaving me alone with Shivaay.  We both had our dinner and sat silently.

"What happened to Dhruv?" I finally spoke breaking the silence.

"He saw a mother feeding her daughter." He said in a low tone looking at his intervened hands on the table. I placed my hand on his and gave it a gentle squeeze. He looked at me with a sad smile and spoke.

"I try to give him everything Riya but sometimes I feel defeated when I see tears in his eyes. The worst part is I can't do anything about it. Maybe I am not capable of keeping him happy!" He said running his hands in his hair frustratedly before placing them again on the table.

"Don't think like that Shivaay. He is very happy with you. Anyone can say that by looking at him. He is really lucky to have you. And if you really can't give something to him then I will try to provide it to him. I promise!" I said placing my hand on his again.