Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door (Chapter 32)

Outside the owl house, both Luke and Hooty were writing a letter to their friend Lilith. Well Hooty was writing the letter and Luke was watching. And when I say writing more like slamming his face repeatedly on the typewriter. Luke was watching and it looked like he had seen better days. He had a cast around his right arm and bandages around his head.

Luke: *raises his eyebrow* You sure you don't want me to write it?

Hooty: *stops and looks at Luke* Don't worry Lucas. I am a master at slamming my face. And writing letters.

Luke: *sweat drops* O-Ok then.

Hooty: Besides you need a break after what happened.

Luke: Thanks.

Hooty: Now where was I... Oh right!

Hooty goes back to smashing his face on the typewriter.

Hooty: Dearest Lulu, I hope this letter finds you well, and that you're enjoying your time with your parents. I'm writing to let you know, that I am a genius! [hears Luke clears his throat] oh me and Luke are geniuses! Whenst I wrote you last, I was in the throes of a malaise. That's when I got your letter!

(This whole thing is a flashback)

Nighttime in the owl house

Luke and Hooty were currently outside waiting for a letter from Lilith. The two approach the mail box and Luke sees a letter inside.

Hooty: *excited* Hoot Hoot! She wrote to us!!

Luke walks over and grabs the letter. He opens it and reads it with Luke over his shoulder.

Lilith: Hello, Hootsifer. Your letter concerned me. You write of feeling unimportant while Luz, Eda, Y/N, Luke, Flare, Nights, and King are off on adventures. But, Hooty, you are the Owl House. You take care of everyone inside you. If that isn't a worthy purpose, then what is?

Luke: Huh. You know sometimes I forget we do live inside of you.

Luke started to hear crying. He looked over and saw Hooty crying on his shoulder.

Hooty: I'm so worthless!

Luke: *pats Hooty on the head* There there, buddy. You're useful in some ways.

Hooty: *looks at Luke with tears* Like what?

Luke: *tries to think of something*.......... You give us a nice place to live?

This only made Hooty cry more as he wrapped himself around Luke. The pressure on Hooty's neck started to squeeze around Luke.

Luke: *struggles to breath* Ok Ok! How about this!? I help you try to help the others!

Hooty: *quickly becomes joyful* Really!?

Doing so Hooty ends up dropping Luke on the ground as he let out a painful noise.

Hooty: *looks down* Sorry Luke.

Luke: *laying on the ground* It's ok. You ever get the feeling this is going to be the theme of the night?

Hooty: *confused* What do you mean?

Luke: Don't know. Just a feeling.

Luke: Boy was it more than a feeling.

Inside the owl house

Luke and Hooty made their way inside the owl house.

Hooty: How we doin', Hoot House?

Luke: Nobody in here is dead, right?

The two looked around the room and saw King and Flare watching something on the crystal ball, Eda reading a whole bunch of scrolls with some behind her, Luz bothering the echo mouse, and Y/N looking up at the ceiling in a daze.