Finding your fire (Chapter 5)

Another day at the boiling isles means another adventure for our friends. Right now the three friends are with Eda and King trying to sell human Items. It's been a few days since the incident that had taken place with Eda's curse and right now our friends are trying to continue on with their lives. As the group are waiting for customers, Eda is dusting the table, Y/n is playing with baby dragon, Luke is reading a book and listening to music on his headphones, and Luz is reading to King one of the Azura chapters.

Luz: Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, "I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!" And look! I drew a flip book. [flips between two pages] Pew, pew, pew!

Y/n: [walks over with baby dragon on his head] Your drawings were always cool Luz.

Luz blushes from Y/n's complement and looks away. She is trying to follow Luke's advice from last night.

King: Show me the picture.

Luz: [looks at king] What?

King: Show me the picture! [Luz does] Hah! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists.

Y/n: [raises an eyebrow] Uhh I thought they called you the king of demons? Are you just making this up now? [Baby dragon and Luz giggles]

King: No! Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!

Luz: Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book.

Eda: [groans] Ugh! Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all of our serious customers! [looks at Luke] How are you able to keep yourself sane from all this?

Everyone turns their heads towards Luke and notice that he didn't hear a single word they said because he is too deep into his music.

Luke, notices everyone staring at him, looks up and removes one of his earbuds out of his ear with his book left hand.

Luke: Huh? You say something?

Eda: [glares] Nevermind.

Y/n: [sweats] Well with all do respected Eda [zoom out to the empty street] What customers? Where is everybody anyway?

Eda: This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today.

Gus: Guys!

Everyone turned their heads to see both Gus and Willow running up to them.

Y/n&Luz: Gus! Willow! Hey!

Gus: Something amazing is happening today!

Luke: [curious] Really? What's happening?

Willow: [holds up a flier] It's the annual convention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!

Y/n: Whoa cool!

Luz: A job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?

Eda: Absolutely not!

This makes Luz groan and slowly falls. Y/n catches her just in time. Luke just sits in his chair and watches the scene.

Y/n: [holding Luz] Why not Eda?

Eda: I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system.