Eda's Requiem (Chapter 31)

The scene shows Eda in her room, looking at a checklist. On the list it had; "New coat for Luz", "Check itchy boy", "Pay water bill", "Clean Hooty (?)" and "Burn old dress".

Eda: Luz needs a new coat. King needs to be checked for fleas. Am I missing anything?

While she was thinking she looked up at her reflection.

Eda: *smirks* Oh, you've changed, Owl Lady.

She noticed a photo that was sticking out of the mirror. She takes the photo off and stares at it. It was a picture of her with her apprentices and friend at Grom.

Eda: *smiles happily* It's worth it.

Eda was happy to know how much these 4 had changed her life. She remembers when she first got her curse she would push people away leaving her all alone. She thought for the rest of her life she would be alone, that was until she met King, Luz, Luke, and Y/N. The 4 of them had made her the happiness witch she could ask for. While she was thinking about this she heard something outside.

Luz/King: And three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight, and nine, and ten!/ And weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh!

Eda looked outside and saw King and Luz doing pull-ups on owlbert, while Luke and Flare were watching.

Luke: Why are you doing this again?

Luz: *sits on Owlbert* It's training. *looks at King* Alright, King. What's the first thing you're going to do when you meet your dad?

King: And ten thousand! Well, once we're done training, I'm gonna move out of that closet, that's for sure. Then, I'm going to ugly cry. Hard!

Luke: That's a fair answer.

Flare: *barks* Don't worry King, I'll ugly cry with you.

Overhearing this Eda slowly started to become sad.

Luz: Have you told Eda about your decision to le—?

King: *cuts her off* Shh!

Suddenly the sound of the window being shut captures the group's attention.

Luke: I wonder what that was about.

Eda was currently hiding below the window scared that the group noticed her.

King: *offscreen* I—I'm not ready yet. I'm not sure how she'll react.

Luke: *offscreen* I'm sure she will support your decision.

Flare: *bark* And if she doesn't, we will cook her.

Eda lets out a sigh of relief and sadness. She was relieved that they didn't catch her listening to their conversation, but was saddened to hear King was going to leave her.

Eda: *walks over to her dresser* Everyone's leaving, huh? Even King. I guess I'm no substitute for the real thing.

The thought of watching her kids leave her pained Eda. Even though she wasn't the kids' parents, she still looked after them like she was one. She couldn't bare the thought of all of them leaving her alone again. With a heavy sigh, Eda opened her chest and was about to put the picture of them inside until something caught her eye, or more like two things; One was a bell cittern with a raincloud and bolt carved into it. Another one was a piece of a heart necklace, it was black and had a green center in the middle. Eda couldn't help but smile remembering how she got it.

Flashback

Teen Eda: Can I open my eyes yet?

Teen Igneel: Not yet..... Ok now.