21. Hunt

I am searching for her like a madman. The whole crowd supported her, and she is vanished again.

There has to be a reason!

A girl came up to me who was totally drunk.

" Hey handsome this is for you. " She winked at me and gave me a piece of tissue.

I ignored her and took that piece and throw it on the ground thinking that it might be her number.

I have been constantly thinking about there has to be a reason for her departure and there is also a reason for her slight reflection.
I was being patient this long because I wanted to respect her decision, her cause for her departure like this.

It's enough now.
It's been six freaking years.

Thats all the time I can give you Wildcat.

I do not want to show this side of mine neither I wanna go against you.
But you didn't give me a choice.

I have to go against you once again to be with you.
Ohh so much I missed you as my enemy, Wildcat.

It's time to hunt now!

Aadhya-

I know the hunt will be starting soon as I gave you a hint that piece of tissue which you will surely take as a challenge and be there where I exactly want you to be.

You have always been there for me as you were pretending to search me but also keep quiet as you want me to do whatever I wanted to do. Now, it is the time I am ready, ready to face that fucking serial killer.

I could have done that with my friends too, but I really didn't want to put them in danger just because I had a doubt that I already know the serial killer and maybe knew his intentions but now, it's different.

I know what he wants and why he is doing that, and I wasn't alone this all time there were people helping me, but I really missed them.

The police are with me now and a team of hackers. I am returning back to my people. They are also capable of helping me and as the officer said at the last meeting that we have to go on the path and follow to catch him which will need people but not police as they didn't get the permission to do it, but he assured that he would help me if I had a team of people.

I am not that sunshine anymore. I have been quite and quite serious the whole time. My all focus is that psychotic killer. I have been writing books, the only thing that kept me sane. I also know that he does reads my books, one of the reasons I have been writing.

I wanted to be a full-time writer but here I am being an engineer in one of the finest companies. I didn't want to be at home and this job helps me being out of that house most of the times.

My dad isn't an orthodox anymore and is quite calm. I forced him to go on dates and choose his life partner because we were devastated after my mother's departure, but he never agreed with this and always said that he loved my mother and doesn't want any other company other than Her's.

He is mostly at the parks, museums or any non-government organizations. It should sound peaceful, right? Like I have always wanted peace.

But there is a difference between peace and loneliness.

That loneliness chases me in that house, that silence crawls up to my skin. No matter it is day or night there is always a darkness constantly roaming around and I can't breath there freely knowing the fact that why this is happening.

I am the reason for all this!

I could not let them know in what state I was or am, so I have to be away from them. I needed time to stabilize myself.

But am I stabilized? Yes, until nothing triggering happens.

Sometimes I wished and I could change the things maybe I could have killed him at that time.

I am sitting at my writing office, which my space and a place where I can sleep peacefully.

But I don't think so I can today, my dear father called me.

" Where are you? " He straight jumping on the point.

" Office " I replied.

" What are you planning? a murder? "

" What happened dad? "

" You didn't come home for straight three days and asking me what happened? " He said extra calmly.

" Hmm. There was some work pending so... "

" Should we move into another house? " He asked out of nowhere.

" We have already shifted houses three times in this single year. " I said knowing the fact that I was the one who always do that so that serial killer doesn't have a permanent address of mine.

" What is the problem? discuss with me beta(child), talk to me. " He knows how I feel in the house.

" I want to ask you the same question. What is the problem that you are not giving any chance to yourself and have a partner. " I wanted it to come out in a pleasing way, but it didn't.

" Is this what you want? A mother. " No, I don't want him to marry because of me.

" No, I want you to have a partner. Is it wrong? " I said the truth as I never thought of having a mother. I know anyone can show affection and care but not anyone can be mother. I don't need anyone's care and love. I need Her's, which is not possible in this lifetime, so let it be.

" Come home! " The call ended with the topic as well.

" That's not a home. Home doesn't exist anymore, dad. " I put the phone's screen on my forehead and whispered.

My dad does not know about my involvement in this serial murder case. I knew he would never agree on this, and I would never be able to catch him. My thoughts interrupted by a notification on my laptop.

I knew he would do that. I guess he got that piece of paper.

Ansh-

When I went back to hold Vansh and took him out then I saw that paper, and something written on it. I thought to take it maybe it can relate me to her. I thought I was being delusional but when I entered in my car and saw it.

" Meet me! " I know whose handwriting is this and where she is calling me.

I headed towards the home and hacked into her system and messaged her.

" It's not safe to wander alone in the night, Wildcat. "

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

How was the chapter??

I know the updates are late, but I am giving competitive exam so syllabus toh complete krne do alteast, nvm.

Do vote it out and comment your opinions.

Lots of love from Red🥂