17. The Sky

Aadhya-

It is odd and out of his behaviour to ask for a proposal even if it is a fake one.

And who is going to believe it?? Exactly No-one.

The enemies are dating --- ughhhh! Never.

But why did he choose me? Maybe because he knows that I am not going to be serious with him.  

Again, here I am overthinking as I am waiting for him in the hostel's terrace. I am not even nervous to sing Infront of him as I know that he is going to give me a reality check no matter what. 

No buttering.

No roasting.

Yes, at least I can expect this from him as he knows at what time and where to be a "Jerk"(a quality of him I slightly like.)

*Ting*  

There is a notification in my phone, who is remembering me at this hour.

Ansh- I am here.

Does he have to announce his arrival?

Me- Where? My lord.

Ansh- That's a good thing to say. Good girl.

Ansh- Well, if I am the lord then sure it is of hell, Isn't it?

Me- Shut up??

Ansh- ..........

What is taking him so long to type it out? And where is he? I can't see him.

" Yes, Wildcat! Being horny? " A masculine voice came from my back.

" And what made you think like that? I snapped while turning around.

" You yourself said shirt-up. " He showed his actions through his fingers and made me understand about his foolish joke.

" Wanna see me naked, already? He raised an eyebrow in such a confidence as if I am dying to see his embedded abs, I am sure he has it.

" Can you stop being a jerk at this hour and let me sing whatever I practiced? " I was frustrated at this moment though blood rushed to my face and the heat between us was noticeable still I should be focused, I am here to have a reality check and maybe a little confidence.

" Sure, my feisty wildcat! " He smirked slightly.

That was a really bad decision. The worst one I ever took. Why did I call him here? And look at him giving me silly nicknames (they aren't silly but it came out from his mouth, so it makes sense).

I am not going to point out those names otherwise he is going to call me with this everytime he sees me. As I said- He is annoying.

" Sit there, quietly! " I used the higher tone specially for the last word.

He sat there on the sitting table with a sigh.

I took my singing position Infront of him as I am singing on the stage. With a deep breath I closed my eyes and start singing. 

I was just started it until I heard a music of an instrument wait - A guitar.

I opened my eyes and saw him in that same position but with a guitar playing the exact song while looking deep into my eyes.

First time ever, I have that much guts to sing with my eyes open as I was drowning in his eyes. I mostly sing alone with my eyes close but I have this urge right now to open it and let myself drown in it.
He is annoyingly comfortable somehow if its make sense?

We both finished the song and I was pretty sure that it was good. I realised some moments later that we both had a smile throughout the song.

Smile is in itself a beautiful thing but when it comes to his face and the way his eyes glow, it looks like it's the most magical thing he can ever wear.

You are obsessing over him!
Mocked my sub conscious brain.

No no no. What the hell am I even thinking?
I break that eye contact and realised that we were in the same position for past few minutes after ending the song.

" I want to ask you something. " He literally confessed.
What does he wants to ask me now.
I should be the one who ask questions about my pitch and other things related to it.
What question does he have??

I nodded slightly as no words are forming in this mouth of mine.

" Do hostels provide you all with these sitting benches? " He asked genuinely.

I am totally blank at this time.

" No these are just our hacks for the survival " I was also saying with same intensity of his until it hits me, What the hell did he just asked me?

Obviously I need some time to process the things after that little eye thing.

" Wait. This is what you are curious about? What about the singing? Don't you care about that? " I said all these in one go with having multiple expressions on my face and constantly moving my hands in the air.

" Honestly I don't. "  He shrugged off.

" Why? " I widened my eyes in fury, fear, curiosity and many more.

" Because your singing was more than perfect for this event and I already knew it before witnessing it. " He is looking right into my soul and I can see the whole thing - the truth, genuineness, love....

Ohh babe you are seeing love in his eyes?!
My sub conscious mind again chose to speak up.

No. It is not like that.
It's all in my head. Yess

" Okay " It was all I managed to say with a relief sigh.

I then sat beside him and start looking at the direction where his gaze was fixed now- The Sky.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was a short chapter I know.
But a short update is better than not at all isn't it??

Guyss vote it out too and comment down your opinions.

Lots of love from Red🥂