THREE: The Male In The Forest

Start from the beginning

Nocturnal creatures stir—the hoot of an owl, the flicker of fireflies, and the distant howl of a wolf. You step carefully, your footsteps muffled by the thick carpet of pine needles. The forest seems to breathe, alive with hidden mysteries.

As you walk, you break the silence. "Beautiful night, isn't it?" Nikita nods, eyes scanning the shadowy undergrowth.

"It's peaceful," she replies, her voice soft. "Makes you forget the chaos of the day."

The both of you speak of simple things—the constellations above, memories from your stay in Las Ventas, and dreams yet unfulfilled. The forest listens, its ancient heart attuned to your smalltalk. Shadows dance around you, weaving stories of forgotten lovers and lost adventurers.

As you travelled further, the both of you soon reached a clearing. A single apple tree stood in the center, under it a male slept under the bask of the crescent moon. The male had dark curls that matched his tan skin. He had a tall-muscular physique, and the face of god. Beside the man, a huge black and white wolf slept. The creatures fur seems to glisten in the pale silver moon.

A rush of flush travels through your body, as your cheeks reddened. As you walk closer to the male, your heart can't help but flutter.

"Onin, wake up," Nikita calls out gently.

At the sound of his name being called, the males eyelids began to rise. Shimmering golden gaze, met your (e/c) one. This caused the already fluttering butterflies in your stomach to rampage.

'Why am I so attracted to this man?' you question yourself mentally.

Yawning lightly, the male starts to straighten up his posture. "Niky?" He murmurs in a sleepy voice. "What are you doing here late at night? And who's this you brought here?" He points towards your nervous form.

"She's (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N). She's from Las Ventas, but due to some tragedies, she's here with us now," the ginger answers. "She was hoping you could help her obtain the items she needs."

"What are they?"

"She needs Luna's rabies, and your's or Luna's eye," Niky states.

"I'm giving you mine or Luna's eye!" The male refused, covering his wolf's gaze. "And I can't give you her rabies too, if I extract them she dies."

"Come on Onin, there probably is a wa-"

"I said no Nikita." He cuts her off

Niky was about to argue further but you stopped her.

"It's okay, I understand," you smiled at the man. "I won't take anything from you or from your wolf."

"Her names Luna," he adds chucking a bit.

"Of course Luna," you mumble. "But if there's a way you could help me find the journal of compassion, then that would be really helpful."

"The journal of compassion," Onin hums to himself, searching the archives of his mind to remember where he has heard that before. "I remember.... Emperor Jack has the book."

"Is there a way you can help me ask him?"

"Of course," the male smiles, causing your cheeks to redden even more. "I'd be happy too."

"Phew," Nikita sighs. "I'm glad you've got this handled. I'll see you both tomorrow I've got important things to do in the morning, I'm heading to bed." She says goodbye before leaving.

"It be better if we go see the emperor in the morning, (Y/N)." Onin suggested as he gestures to the moon.

"Yeah," you agreed turning your around back to the trail but keeping your eyes on the male." I'm heading back now, farewell."

"Do you know the way back?" He asks, stoping you from your trail.

"..."

"I assume not," he laughs jogging to your side. "I'll take you there, love," he offers his hand which you take.

With your hand in his, the both of you walk through the forest in symphony. With your small talk synthesizing with the sounds of the forest and the loud thumping of your heart. You don't know why, but you feel safe in this presence.

How you wish you could stay like this...

============================