Flashing surprise

Thedinodude427 (AO3) asked:

A Sentinel Uzi meeting normal N one-shot, please!

N was walking down the hallways of an abandoned lab. This was supposed to be the place were the core exploded in Copper-9. It was so strange for the disassembler how this place felt, as if there was something bigger happening that he didn't know. It bothered him, but didn't stop the male drone from continuing his walk.

He and his team had finished their jobs in the planet. They had vanished all traces of runaway AI and received a message from the comapany to come here. The group found this order strange, but obeyed it nonetheless. Unfortunaly they got lost in this maze, and eventually, N got separated from J and V.

N tried to find a way out, with no luck in the end. He was sure he was gonna be stuck here, so his only hope was J and V getting out and sending him the information, even if they may not do it, but he was sure they would... They had to. This thought didn't stop him from continuing walking, since this was the way he was dealing with the stress of being lost in a maze of abandoned offices. The place was completely silent, only some hushes of air, drops of water and his own footsteps could be heard, echoing through the walls. Giving this place an unnecessary creepy atmosphere.

That's when N heard something in one of the cubicles in front of him. It was a strange noise. It seemed to come from an animal, but it also sounded metalic. His eyes hollowed out, getting his submachineguns ready, he slowly walked to get a view of the producer of the sound. His body got more tense with each step he made. The sound had stopped, maybe it noticed him, or maybe it was just his mind playing tricks on him? He was about to find out.

As he turned to face the inside of the cubicle, he found a puddle of oil with some metal parts from a worker who waas mauled to death. This was feral, not even V, his craziest teammate would've done this, mostly cause she like to play with her victims, and J didn't like to get dirty, so this had to be from someone else who was here, with him, in this very moment.

Something whipped N in the back across the room, making him fly through some wooden walls and fall to the ground. N felt a burning pain in his back, but ignored, quickly getting up and analysing his surroundings. He saw traces of movement and heat coming from a corridor in the distance. N wanted tocchase this thing down and detach it's head and use it as his personal cup, but he had to be more careful. Whatever this was, had the stregth to throw him around, and going into that corridor, it was clearly a trap, but that's the only place he had.

He walked to it, standing right at it's entrance, aiming to it's end with his auditory system working at it's max capacity. No sound was being made, no movement, nothing. As if nothing ever happened. N decided to go inside. There was a room in the middle of the corridor, a small room, but big enough for an embush. N produced a flashbang from his system and throwed it in there, hiding his eyes behind his arm.

When the flashbang exploded, he quickly made his way towards the light, arriving at the center of the room and analysing it, noticing movement coming from his left. He was going to turn to it, when he was pounced on by something heavy. On top of him was a giant dinossaur robot, much like a velociraptor with three purple eyes in each side of the face, a row of sharp teeth, giant claws in both it's hands and foot and a giant tail that moved around the air hectically, showing it's high alert.

The mechanical raptor roared in his face, dropping saliva on his visor, trying to intimidate it's prey before the meal, for it's own amusement, but what the dinossaur didn't expect, was the reaction the disassembler would have.

"Oh my God! It's a dinossaur!" N said with a high pitched voice, showing his happiness on seeing such a creature "I can't believe I'm seeing one in real life. I'm so lucky, holy God. You're so beautiful. How did the humans manage to build something so marvelous like you!" He continued talking about how the metal monster was increadible. It did not comprehend his reaction. No prey had ever reacted like that, it was unusual. Maybe it was effect of the intense fear he felt? Could have damaged something or snapped one of his wires.

The raptor tilted it's head, while N kept complimenting the creature. As much as it should just end with him, the dinossaur felt something. Deep inside it, was warm. Something the creature never felt before. It was new, but it was good. Maybe it could keep him for a while, before the others notice his presence. Maybe... They could be friends?

As the closest thing to a smile appeared on the face of the raptor, on the end of the hallway, two raptors, one with green eyes and the other with pink, dragged two disassembly corpses, one with short hair and the other with two twintails, both oozing oil, sparks flying off their body.