Chapter 16: Assistant

Orchids POV:

"So, what's the plan for today?" Veneer asked as Ritz took all of our plates and went over to wash them. "I don't know, I need to get my nails done for tomorrow's show." Velvet says while inspecting her nails, Veneer hummed in response and got up walking towards Ritz. He stayed standing next to him as they started talking. "Do you wanna come with me?" Velvet asks, "Uh, sure!" I smile at her and she smiles back, "Then come on. Let's go get ready."

She grabs my hand and we walk up to her room together. Yesterday, we had our first fight. I've gotten in fights before in a past relationship, and they always ended up continuous till the point where they broke up with me. They also cheated on me, it hurt so bad just to know while I was dating her she was hooking up and about to date a guy.. but! I don't think me and Vel will fight again. After we fought, it seemed like she was all in a daze and lost in thought, and if she couldn't sleep last night that was probably why. I know she loves me, and I know she feels bad that we had a fight and I'm not mad at her at all but a part of me still feels, scared.

"Do you wanna match today?" I ask as I jump around Velvet excitedly. For a second, I thought she was gonna say no, "Of course." But I guess I was wrong. I smiled at her and we looked at the clothes she had in her closet. A while passed of us looking, but we ended up choosing something simple. I wore black shorts with a white tank top while she wore white shorts and a black tank top.

"I love matching with you," I say as I stand next to her in her mirror. "Me too, we look hot." She says as she puts her arm around my waist and snaps a quick photo of us. I smile at her and grab her by her shirt, "Woah!" She laughed as I pulled her closer to me and kissed her. She kissed me back and I felt her smile which gave me butterflies and made me smile too. "What was that for?" She asks and laughs, but she stayed close to me and held my waist. "I don't know, I just felt like kissing you." I say and she smiles and we kiss again.

"Oh! I forgot to talk to you about this.. but me and Veneer talked and we decided that maybe it was best if we kept relationships a secret? Like, away from the public.. is that okay with you?" She spoke and at some parts, her voice was lower and quieter than others, she was super cute. "I understand. I'm okay with it, guess we'll only be able to kiss in stalls and hold hands secretly then, huh?" I say and giggle, "Exactly, doll." She winks at me and I feel myself stiffen and blush.

"You ready to go then?" She asks as she takes my hand in hers. "Yeah," We leave her room and say bye to the other two. "We're leaving!" We called out, "Okay! I love you!" Veneer said as he came down and ran to Velvet, hugging her. "Tch, I love you too." She said with slight laughter. We then left.

The ride was really short, the nail salon was only a few minutes away so we got there quickly. "Are you gonna get yours done too?" She asks me as we walk in, "Should I?" "Duh!" She responds and I giggle. "What can I do for you today?" A lady asks as we walk up to her at the front. "OMG! Velvet?!" She shrieks and a few heads turn towards us. "Uh, yes. We just wanna get our nails done." Vel says and the lady beams, "Of course! We can getcha started right away! Come sit!" She guides us back and we sit down next to each other.

A boy walks down and sits on the other side of me. "Hey girlie! How would you like your nails done today?" He asks, this guys is definitely fruity. "Uh, I don't really know, got any recommendations?" I ask and he smiles and holds his hands out meaning he wanted to see my hands and fingers. "Hmmm, your nails are already quite long and strong. I think you would look cute with a simple French tip. That sound cool with you?" He asks and I look over to Velvet who was getting acrylic nails put on. "Yeah, that's fine."

........

"Let me see your nails!" Velvet said as we had just finished up getting them done. I showed her with a big smile. "Cute! Do you like mine?!" She said and showed me hers. "Yes! I love them and I love the color!" I say and grab her hand. Her nails were a pretty color red with a mix of pink. "I kinda wanted them a little more red but I still like them." She says quietly to me and I giggle, I hold her hand for a few more seconds, us making eye contact. "You two are all done! Come pay at the front." The lady from earlier spoke and our hands quickly departed.