Chapter 2: Friends

Yesterday flew by quickly, but it was a good day. I had the chance to talk to Veneer and become friends with him. He and Ritz were absolutely adorable, and it's clear that they both have feelings for each other. I also had some interaction with Velvet! She kept looking at me, and we made eye contact. That's more than Ive ever gotten from her!

As I walked through the school halls to my next class, which happened to be P.E. with Velvet, I couldn't help but think about her. My math class was long and boring, and my mind was preoccupied with the anticipation of seeing her in my next class. I took a deep breath as I pushed open the gym doors for myself and a few other students who were behind me.

In the center of the gym, I noticed a group of people tossing and playing around with a volleyball. It wasn't a proper game with teams and a net, so I assumed it was a free day. I found a spot in the corner, sat down on the ground, and watched as a certain girl caught my attention. Velvet looked as beautiful as ever. Her hair was pulled back in a high ponytail, and her glistening skin showed the signs of her exertion as she dove and hit the ball. She was wearing shorts that revealed a glimpse of her lower ass, and...WHAT AM I THINKING?!

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts, and smiled as I watched her laugh and have fun. I took out my sketchbook from my bag, found a blank page, and started drawing her. I know it may seem strange to draw my crush in a book filled only with drawings of her, and I feel embarrassed about it, but I can't help but love drawing her. Every detail of her perfect figure captivates me as I carefully outline each pore. It's satisfying to trace her graceful curves, shes just that perfect.

I completed a sketch of her diving to receive the ball, and I smiled as I looked at my drawing and then at her. For a split second, she glanced in my direction, but I didn't even notice. "Velvet! Who are you trying to impress? Why are you so good and competitive today?" Noah, one of the popular guys, yelled out. She tossed the ball up and spiked it in his face, replying, "No one, dickhead! I'm always like this." She said and I could hear her laugh slightly. I laughed too as I watched them bicker.

The next few bells had rung, and I was at my locker getting my textbooks for my upcoming science class. We will be conducting a lab today, which involves mixing chemicals and other substances. I really like science so I'm excited but Im a bit scared about who my lab partner will be. I hope it's Ritz or someone I know, otherwise, I'm fucked!

As I closed my locker and began walking forward, someone accidentally bumped into me, causing me to be pushed back into the lockers and drop some of my belongings. My heart sank, and I felt a rush of heat and embarrassment. I looked around to see who it was and found Velvet and Josh standing in front of me. "Why on earth would you do that?!" Velvet yelled and grabbed Josh by the hair. "I didn't do anything! You pushed me!" Josh protested. I stood there, feeling nervous, then I knelt down to pick up my books. "Hey! No!" Velvet exclaimed, and I looked up at her. She was telling me not to pick up my books.

"What?" I whispered, almost inaudibly. "Josh, pick up this girl's books," she commanded. "Now!"

Josh panicked and quickly picked up my belongings, handing them back to me. I opened my mouth to apologize, but they had already walked away. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and proceeded to my next class.

As I entered the classroom, I was taken aback by the sight of someone unexpected. Velvet? Since when is she in this class? My heart raced as I walked past her to reach my seat. "Class, as you can see, we now have Velvet joining us," Mrs. Bailey announced, acknowledging Velvet's presence. Velvet was seated in the back corner of the classroom, surrounded by the class clowns and other popular kids. We don't have many class clowns or well-known people in this class, but somehow she managed to capture their attention. I rolled my eyes at the fact that she was friends with those people.