Chapter 12: Make It Big

Orchids POV:

I tossed and turned in my bed, well, velvets bed till I heard loud screaming, shouting, and yelling from downstairs below me. I sat up quickly and noticed Velvet wasn't anywhere near me. Fuck! What is happening? Where's Velvet?! I pulled the blankets off of me and rushed downstairs and saw Velvet and Veneer jumping around screaming their lungs off.

"WHY IS EVERYONE SCREAMING?!" Ritz asks loudly as he had just gotten downstairs a few seconds before I did. Velvet and Veneer just stopped screaming and looked at us. They both looked away and Velvet walked over to Veneer and grabbed his shoulders. "We need to calm down. It's not that serious." She said trying to stay calm herself. She looked excited and happy about something, I really wanted to know what.

"But it is serious! This is something big for us!" Veneer said and I snapped. "What is big?! What happened?!" I asked and Veneer shrieked. "Me and Velvet just got accepted into a music studio with popular people who are gonna help us make music! They heard our voices and looked at a song we had written and even said we had a lot of potential to make it big!" Veneer said and softly stomped his feet on the ground and his face glowed indicating he was excited.

"Oh my god! No way! I'm so happy for you!" Ritz said cheery as he walked up to Veneer and Veneer grabbed him and shook him all around. I laughed and saw Velvet sit down on the couch in the corner of my eye. I walked over to her and spoke. "You don't seem that happy, what's wrong?" I tilted my head a little bit and she looked up at me.

We held eye contact for a moment till she broke. "I am happy!" She says and stands up fast and picks me up and swings me around. I laugh out and wrap my arms around her neck. "Good! I'm happy for you!" I say and kiss her cheek as she puts me down, my feet making contact with the floor. "Do you have to meet them at the studio soon? I would think you'd have to." I say and take a step back. "Yeah, I think so. Ven! When did Mr Bernard say to meet him at the studio?" Velvet asked Veneer. "Uh, today at 7 PM." Veneer said calmly.

Then a small millisecond passed and they both looked at each other again and their eyes widened and their mouths hung open. "Today at 7?!" Vel shouted out. "I have a lot to do to get ready!" They both say in sync, Veneer grabbed Ritz's hand and runs off to his room. "I can't go there looking like this! And this bandage?! Gross!" She turns and looks at me. "You might be able to take the bandage off today." I say and she loosens up a bit. "Am I allowed to shower yet?" She asks with a look of plead in her eyes. "Maybe." I say and grab her arm and pull her up to her room. It's basically our room at this point.

The whole time we walked up and over to Velvet's vanity where I had her sit she was giggling and quietly shrilling to herself. She's so excited and happy about this. I smiled as I sat her down and grabbed the things I needed to take her headbandage off. I started unwrapping it and she didn't move, flinch, or groan in pain at all which I hope meant she was healed enough to not wear the wrap anymore and to take a shower. I finished taking it off and I tossed it in the trash.

"Does it hurt at all?" I ask and she shakes her head slightly. "Well, maybe a tiny bit." She says and looks up at me. I think to myself before leaning in and inspecting her head. Her gash wasn't all on her head, it was on the right side of her forehead and partially on that side of her head. Her hair could cover that, I'm also glad the doctors never had to shave the hair off around her head. That would be terrible for her and honestly for me to even look at.

"It's all covered by a scab and it's halfway healed. You can shower, but it might hurt a bit. Just try not to touch it or get any shampoo and conditioner on or in it, okay?" I say and she smiles and stands up. "Okay." She kisses my cheek and goes over to her bathroom. "Call me if you need anything or help! I'll be here." I say and she shouts "Okay!" While closing the door behind her and turning the shower on. I sit down on her bed and scroll through TikTok.