Chapter 3: Flirting With Her

Velvets POV:

I walk through the school hallways standing next to my brother Veneer. As soon as we walked into the doors, everyone turned to look at us. It was like we were famous, and I loved it. A smirk rested on my face as we continued walking almost in a strut. Today I was wearing a white tank top with a black skirt and black boots. "I'm gonna go find Ritz real quick." Veneer told me as we got to our locker. "Kay," I say and grab some things. Veneer has liked that kid forever now, he honestly needs to hurry up and confess.

I held my things in my bag as I continued walking down the halls, going around slow people. My heart sank when I saw Orchid. Why? I walked slower as I was getting closer to her. She was standing with Ritz, but then Veneer had come and they were talking, she was just standing there. I gulped down before running up to her.

"Hey new best friend!" I say and drape my arm around her shoulder. "H-Hey." She said and I felt my smile grow a little bigger. Veneer and Ritz gave us a weird look but I just ignored them and started walking off with her. "Come to mine and Veneer's party tomorrow." I say, and Orchid looks at me with a slightly panicked look on her face. "I don't really do parties.." she says slowly. "Come on! It's for mine and Ven's birthday!" I said, and I could almost hear her thinking. I took a breath in and I could smell her perfume, it invaded my senses and just her being next to me made my heart speed up.

"Fine. What should I wear?" She asks and I remove my arm from around her shoulders. "Ooo! Come home with us tomorrow and I can give you a makeover!" I said excitedly, I love giving people makeovers and I would love to do her, not that she needs it or anything. She's already gorgeous. "Okay then." She said with a smile, I felt my cheeks flush and I started to get nervous? "Okay." I say quietly and the eye contact gets so intense I'm ready to fold.

"Um, we should get to class now." I say and take a step back. "Right." She responds and we both go our separate ways. Once she was gone, I started walking faster and I could feel myself panicking. What was that?! Why do I feel this way? My thoughts overwhelm me as I walk into my first class of the day, English.

I walk to the back and sit down in my seat. Then Noah turns around to talk to me. "Hey babe."

The word 'babe' made my face scrunch up. "What do you want?" I ask trying to stay calm. "How's your day been?" He asks me and I just avoid eye contact. "It's been fine." Until you opened your mouth. Wait, why am I being so rude to him? I thought I liked him.. We both like each other, but we're not dating, just talking. I don't want to be his girlfriend this late in the year, and now thinking about it, I can feel myself slowly not liking him anymore. I took a deep breath before pulling out my phone and scrolling on Instagram.

I saw an account with two familiar faces under it. It said, 'You may know RitzCrackers.' The account was Ritzes, it was telling me I may know him
because Veneer follows him. I looked at the photo that was on my screen, it was of him and Orchid

I saw her and could feel my heart do a somersault. She had a big smile on her face and you could tell she was really happy. She had her arm around Ritz's shoulders and she was holding up a peace sign. I looked at Ritz and he also looked happy, like, really happy. I felt myself grow jealous.

"You okay Velvet? You just got tense." Noah asked. Has he been staring at me?! I took a small breath before showing him the screen, "Are they dating?" I asked and he looked at the photo closer. "I'm not sure. I think so? I've heard rumors about them. Some people think they are just friends, while others say they have to be a couple."

Couple, couple, couple. I started to feel heavy and upset that they were most likely together. What the hell is going on with me?! If they are together, so what?! The only way it would bother me would be it upsetting Veneer. "Why? You interested in Ritz and not me anymore?" He said and I rolled my eyes. "Ew, no." Definitely not Ritz.., but, Orchid? I got butterflies as I looked at the photo again then decided to follow Ritz and Orchid's account that he had tagged in the photo.