Chapter 15: Bitter And Sweet

"Why am I never enough to satisfy you..?"

Velvets POV:

I took a step back as Orchid just stood there. Her chest rose then fell intensely due to her heavy breathing. "N-Never enough to satisfy me..?" I mumbled, Orchid's face softened a little but she still looked upset. "I'm sorry! I just feel like you expect so much from me and whatever I do just isn't enough. And I don't think that for just me, you act that way with a lot of people but it hurts me the most! I'm not asking you to change, but your attitude sometimes... I-I can't handle it." She spoke with her head low.

"I'm.. Sorry," My voice shook and broke, she looked up at me and she had tears in her eyes. I had felt numb already from hearing that sentence, 'Why am I never enough to satisfy you', but seeing her like that. Seeing her on the verge of tears because of me, in a bad way, makes me feel like I need to go to sleep and never wake up.

My head started hurting and the room was silent. It felt weird and awkward, the room was just loud from us yelling but now the silence is even louder and the tension between us is just terrible. I want to do so many things, I want to scream and apologize, I want to run up to her and hug her, wipe away her tears, I want to scoop her up in my arms and take her to bed where I hold her for the rest of my life, I want to run away to my room and cry, I want to blast music till my throat hurts so bad from screaming the lyrics instead of actually singing them.

"I'm sorry," I mumble, surprisingly Orchid heard. I don't feel real right now, this isn't happening. "Velvet I-" "I'm so sorry," I whisper as I stay in a zone but look down. I heard Orchid sigh and walk to me, she hugged me tightly and after a minute I slowly moved, putting my arms around her. I blinked for the first time since she said that sentence, 'Why am I never enough to satisfy you?' Never enough to satisfy, never enough to satisfy me, never enough? I love her, she's always enough. Do I really act that way to make her feel like that? She's never enough to satisfy me.. that isn't true, she satisfies me just fine.

I take a deep breath and come back to life, breath in, breath out.

"Let's not fight again, okay?" I murmur, "Okay." Orchid nuzzles into me and I hold her tight. She hummed as she squeezed me till I couldn't breathe, "Oh god, okay, okay enough!" I laugh and she lets go of me, she then looks me in the eyes deeply. "I'm sorry I fought with you." She says, "I'm really sorry." I said and she smiled at me and came back to me, kissing me softly. "Let's go to bed, I'm tired." She says and holds my hand, "Okay," I say with a calm voice that held deep glumness.

We walked up to my room hand in hand, her warm hands warming my ice-cold hands. We walked over to my bed and I started sweating, she climbed in and put the covers over her legs. "What's wrong?" Orchid asked, "Sorry, I just zoned out, and it's like, really hot in here." I say and take my shirt off deciding to just sleep in my bra. She giggled a bit, "Must be just you." I smiled at her but something in me still felt wrong.

Orchid laid down and faced the other way. Is she still mad at me? Oh my god, I feel horrible right now. "Goodnightt! I love youuuu," she said, making me feel better. "I love you too," I reply and I hear her giggle. I smiled to myself and took a deep breath. It doesn't really seem like she's mad, but I know she's still probably upset we even had a fight. I never thought it would happen.

I laid down and wrapped my arms around her body, I held her tight and she put her hand on top of mine. It was my fault we argued. She was tired, and I didn't have common sense and I just thought she didn't care or wasn't happy for me. I don't know why I thought what I did. I have issues, we both know that, but I don't want them to break into our relationship. I love her so much, and if my attitude and problems ever degrade her or cause something bad, or if I lose her, I don't know what I'd do.