TWO: First Day Troubles

Start from the beginning

"Don't Felix," Seth shakes his head as he pulls the fox man away from you. "Emperor guess she is. Treat her with respect we must."

"On really?" the short-haired girl chuckles as she gave you a dirty look. "Is that so... The emperor is taking worthless scums in now?"

"With all due respect, l am not a worthless scum," you spat. Twisting your expression from curios to a scowl real quick, it was evident that you were offended by what she said.

"Oh really," she chuckles while rolling her eyes. "Let's see what your made up then," her smug grin grows wider as she turns to the fox boy beside her "Felix, why don't you give her the old welcome handshake."

The said males face brightens up as he sits back down on the table and placed his hand in an arm-wrestle like pocition Felix turns to you "Let's see what you got girly."

Turring your head back toward Seth, you gave him an unsure look. Which unfortunately he responds with a, "your own your own in this one", kinda look.

Sighing in frustration, you faced the ginger male again and sat in the seat facing him. As you were about to position your arm, he stops you. He pulls out a pouch from his pocket and smacks it to the edge of the table. The sound of coins clinking together could be heard apon impact.

"Fifty silver coins bet each, whoever wins walks out with a hundred silver coins. How that's that sound?" He suggested.

"I don't have any money," you state dumbfounded. Before Felix could respond another pouch was smacked on the table, causing the coins inside to clink too. You and Felix turn your heads towards the person who gave the bet.

"I pay," Seth spoke as he faces you. You couldn't read the expression he had on. He was always so stoic and emotionless.

"Hmm, now this is interesting," the raven haired girl chuckles as she approaches your table. "I'll be the referee."

"Come on girlie, bets ready," Felix jokes as he positions his arm.

"Fine, but don't cry when I beat you." You snickered, grabbing his hand locking your fingers with his in the process.

"Ready?" The girl asked.

"Ready." You replied.

"Go!" She shouted, and Felix pushed his arm against yours.

You felt his strength immediately, and you struggled to keep your arm steady. He grinned and started to make jokes about you.

"Wow, girlie, you're so weak. Is that all you got?" He said.

"Shut up, you dumb fox guy. You're not that strong either." You retorted.

"Really? Because it looks like I'm about to win." He laughs, moving your arm closer to the table.

Gritting your teeth, you tried to push back, but he was too powerful. You felt your arm bending, and you knew you were losing.

"Come on, girlie, give up. You know you can't beat me." He teased.

"Never. I'll never give up." You declared.