3.The Party

"No, we're not going.'' Lucy said.

''But why not??"I said.

"What do you mean why not? Thy are our enemies.'' she says.
"So what?''
"Olivia. Are you out of your mind?'' she says and glares at me.

"Okay, mon cheries, relax.'' Andy said from the car's back seat ''And Lucy face forward please, we don't need to crash.''

We're heading home and Andy is coming with us because his car is broken.

"I want to go to that party." I say. 

It's my opportunity to see the Cullens in real life not just from cameras. And the last time I saw them was in the TV, two years ago. I don't even know how they look properly. My father keeps us away from our enemies and the last time I asked him about them, he didn't receive it that well. Since that day I haven't brought that topic up again. Something had happened between my father and Adam Cullen, something that makes my father sad.

"Why?'' Lucy asks angry.
"Because I'm curious.'' I say.
"Curiosity kills the cat.'' she says.

"Oh, come on, we should take risks at life, it's what makes it exiting.'' I say.
"Well, I don't want to make life exiting. I just want to make it safe.'' she shots.

"Ohh, that's a good one'' Andy cheers.

"Shut up.'' I say to him. "We will go.'' I turn to my sister.
"We won't go''she glares.
"We will''I glare back.
''We won't''
"Yes.''
"No.''
"Yes.''
"No.''
"No.''
"Yes.''

"Aha! I won.'' I grin mischievously and Andy burst out laughing.

"Wait, what? No.'' she says confused." We're not going, Olivia. End of discussion.''

Oh my God, how can she be this stubborn?

"I need to go to that party. With or without you.'' I say and she narrows her eyes.
"You promised you won't create any troubles today." she says.
"The promise was just for being in school. We're not in school right now." I grin.

She looks at me with a serious face and then adds ''We're not going.''

"Ugh!" I groan "Andy, a little bit help here.''
''Nah, I don't need another fight with her.'' he says pointing at my sister.

I look at him in disbelief and he smiles at me.

''Come on, bro, aren't you curious about that party?" I say looking at him with deceiving eyes. " It says that everyone it's invited, imagine how huge it would be. And we get to see the Cullens and their lifestyle."
"Well...' he says. 

"And Lucy, aren't you curious about the Cullens and why dad never talks about them to us?" I say to her.

"I see what you're doing,'' she says and then narrows her eyes "It won't work.''
"Ugh!" I groan.

"Come on Lucy think about it. Let's just go to the party, have some fun and return home. The Cullens don't get to see us, but we see them and their lifestyle. It's a win-win'' he grins.

"Oh, come on, you too?'' she asks.
''It's tempting." he grins and winks at me.
''Yes, bro.'' I high five him.

"They are our enemies.'' she says.
Still isn't convinced.

"But they don't know us'' I say.
''And we'll be invisible.'' Andy adds. 

Lucy sighs and then makes a thinking face.

Good, she's thinking about it.

"You're still grounded." she says with a smirk. 

Oh, yeah. I'm grounded.

The betOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara