Chapter 19

I try for a smile but fail miserably.

"We need to find out where he gets the pills from. And whether he is involved in this or not," Zach says with a serious face, looking somewhere in the distance.

"But... how will we do it? I am not sure if he would tell us. It's private information after all," I think out loud, letting out a soft sigh as everything feels so complicated. If this whole situation could be solved with a snap of fingers, life would be much easier.

"Well we could always break into his office and steal what we need! And if needed, I don't mind knocking your therapist out, tying him to a chair and pulling out our needed information out of him! Or! Wait for it, this is probably one of the best! April will knock on his office, distract him with her charms, no actually I would be better for that. She will distract him by talking about her condition instead, that could work. 

Then, she asks him to walk to the water fountain and she will sneakily leave a hairpin in the door so it doesn't close shut. That's when we come in! We will sneak in his office and-" Ethan starts blabbering, too excited about this mission, if it even is considered as one. I guess he took the whole superhero thing seriously since we already got matching jackets.

"Alright, slow down. No one will be knocking anyone out, we have to think of a more reasonable plan," Zach interrupts Ethan before he manages to describe his whole plan of basically committing a crime, not talking about the escaping part.

"Also there is no water fountain in the hall," I say quietly although I can't help but smile a little. Ethan's ridiculous thoughts are actually quite helpful in lifting the mood once in a while, I must admit. Although it doesn't often work without someone getting offended or at least being made fun of. And this time as almost always, it was me again.

"Aww, what a shame. No water fountain. Well, I guess I have to rethink my entire super amazing plan you didn't want to hear," Ethan sighs sadly. All of the brothers seem to be smiling and that makes me smile even more.

"Well-" Bryan clears his throat, obviously trying not to laugh at his younger brother's behavior.

"April, what do you think about me pretending to be your new therapist, wanting to get your old files so I know what to work with?" He suggests, talking more seriously now.

"That's a bad idea. I mean, don't take me wrong, the idea itself is amazing. It just wouldn't work, Tom is also someone as a... well a family friend. It would be suspicious if I suddenly changed a therapist since I'm not even living here permanently," I explain and subconsciously look at Tyler who's smile slightly drops after the last sentence. 

I quickly shift my eyes somewhere else, feeling slight warmth at the tip of my ears.

"Yeah, I understand," Bryan nods slowly and looks out of the window as if thinking of a different option. Everyone seems to be in deep thought, even Ethan. Maybe he is making up plan C in case there is no vending machine in his plan B. Just like there was no water fountain in plan A.

"Maybe you could just ask him directly," Carter suggests and we all look at him,

"Well you said he is like a family friend. Maybe you could just straight up ask him where he gets the pills from. It can seem innocent if you play it off well, making your question seem reasonable," He smiles carefully and I return his smile, actually liking the idea.

"I think that could work. He was always trying his best to help me in any way possible," I say and look at Zach, waiting for his approval.

"It seems like the only way possible. But we have to be really careful. We don't know if your therapist isn't possessed or influenced by Brandon in any way. Each step has to be planned carefully," He says slowly. Everyone falls quiet and the atmosphere is serious.