Chapter 14

Okay, I never put A/N at the start but this day is special.

I dedicate this chapter to @katiesamosa as a birthday present. Thanks for the love and support you give me, thanks for standing by my side and supporting my dreams. I wish you the best birthday and happiness.

Enjoy the story <3

This day will be so long. Like literally, I finally want to get some sleep and here he is, waking me up so early only to go for a run? Okay, I know I signed up for this. I know I should do this for my own good. But he could at least tell me about his little plan. I am not prepared for a change of my lifestyle. Not yet. If life would be easier. Okay, maybe I complain too much. I just don't know how I will survive this. If I will.

I look out of the window, not liking the weather. I put on many clothes, wanting to be warm. I walk down the stairs, rubbing my eyes. I am really tired, I don't like waking up so early. While passing by the kitchen I see one of Tyler's hoodies hanging on the chair. It's cold outside and the hoodie looks so warm and comfortable. Maybe he wouldn't mind if I borrowed it, would he? I don't think much about it. I come to the chair and put it on, smiling brightly.

I walk to the hall, spotting Ethan. He is waiting, looking mad.

"Oh here you are!" He smiles at me, all the anger disappearing from his face. It only leaves me confused. He raises his eyebrows at me.

"What?" I ask, frowning at him. He just grins. It makes me slightly annoyed. I may feel a little bit better and more energetic but I am not going to forgive him so soon for disturbing my sleep.

"Let's just go." I say and walk out of the door first but then stop in my tracks.

"I changed my mind." I say when the cold wind hits me and I turn around, but I bump into Ethan.

"No turning back," he smiles, and I sigh. This is going to be a nightmare. We walk for a while. I stretch my muscles a bit, preparing myself for the run.

"We are going to run that way, around the forest." Ethan points to the place he is talking about. I don't have the best feeling about this. A fog is rising from the trees. And I am not talking about how dark it is. I would say it's the middle of the night.

"Come on, let's start so we can get over with it as soon as possible." I say. We start jogging toward the path next to the forest. I am out of my breath after only five minutes, but I try to keep running. I have no idea how I was able to run here from the train station before. I have to say this is really terrible. My hip is aching and my lungs are burning. Ethan notices that I am struggling so he starts walking. But he doesn't stop. I say nothing because I still need to catch my breath but it seems like this big boy is reading my mind because he says:

"We aren't stopping. We can slow down and walk until you catch your breath and then we continue running. But we won't stop." I just nod my head. After a while I regain my breath. I start walking faster, giving a signal to Ethan. In a few seconds we start running again. The path is slightly turning around so I know we are returning home. We are already halfway through the path but I would love to just lay down and rest. I try to look around and focus on nature, so I can ignore the pain. But it's impossible. How can Ethan enjoy running?

After what seems like forever I spot the house in the distance. We start slowing down to the point where we are walking. I am breathing heavily. My feet hurt but I manage to walk to the front porch.

"You should stretch your muscles so you don't get muscle fever." Ethan gives me a tip, starting to stretch his legs.

Although I feel like I already have a muscle fever, I do what he says. The sun starts rising and I look at the sight in front of me. It's really pretty, it is like a reward for waking up soon.