Chapter 11

I open my eyes and spot the prison cell I was in earlier. I want to run away but I hear someone talking so I stay and listen.

"How did she escape!" I hear Brandon screaming and I come closer, hiding behind a corner.

"I-I don't know." The guy who guarded me before says. I feel sorry for him, it's not his fault I got out. I take a peek of the room in front of me. It's big and it has some holes in the ceiling. Brandon is sitting on a chair, his arms crossed. There are those two men in front of him and around a dozen shadows scattered around the room. Brandon suddenly stands up and walks toward the man. Holding something in his hand. I realize it's my phone.

"I did everything possible to get her here and you let her escape! And you said you don't even know how she escaped because you were asleep?! I sent five hundred shadows to look for her! And guess what? They found nothing! She is probably at home now. You know how hard it will be to kidnap her again? If only the serum would have arrived earlier! This would be over." He shows the phone to the man and starts squeezing it in his hand.

I hear a crack and I know the phone is broken. Brandon broke the phone with his bare hands. Then he throws it on the floor, breaking it completely. I can feel his anger. It's a weird feeling because I've never felt it before. I look closely and I see some kind of red fog floating around him. It's almost like I am being drawn to it. I close my eyes and try to get the feeling away. But when I open them again, I can see the same fog gathered around the tanned men. Except the fact it's icy blue, not red. And I somehow know it is his fear.

I swallow dryly. Something is very wrong and I don't know what. I just know I need to get out of here as fast as possible. Suddenly I feel something cold around me and my vision starts blurring. I open my eyes and sit up, seeing Ethan's face in front of me.

"What did just-" I gasp as I notice my wet hair.

"Did you just pour a cup of water on my head?" I ask and give him a death glare.

"Did you just have a white mist around your head?" He raises his eyebrows.

"What?" I give him a confused look.
"What?" He repeats.

"Your hallucinations don't explain why you poured water on me! While I was sleeping!" I scream and throw a pillow at him.

He dodges it and starts laughing.
"So you think waking me up like this is funny, huh?" I jump on my feet. But he probably expected it because he starts running away from the room. I run after him, chasing him through the hall. Then he runs up the stairs and I am going to follow him, when someone catches me from behind.

"Now, now. What did the doctor say about resting?" Carter asks in a playful voice and lifts me up easily.

"Put me down, Carter." I say and frown. He literally throws me over his shoulder and starts carrying me down the stairs.

"The doctor said rest, so you're going to rest. Not run through the house." He walks in the living room and puts me on the sofa. I am surprised he didn't throw me there.

"We are busy today. You will quickly eat and then we will take you home. If anything odd happens, text us immediately. Stalking las sombras is forbidden. Also leaving your house. While you are safe and sound at home, we will discuss our plan. And we will fill you up with everything at school. Yeah and also, you will never go to school alone, we will always text you and pick you up." He finishes his speech.
"But I don't have a phone." I say.

"We didn't forget it, don't worry." He says and hands me a new phone, I guess all the contacts I need are in there.

"What? But...you can't buy me a new phone every time something happens to my old one." I look away.