Chapter 9

When I wake up, I see my aunt standing over me.

"April, you will be late for school when you don't hurry up." she says when I sit on the bed. I immediately regret it. My head starts to ache and I lay back down with a groan.

"What's wrong, April?" she asks.

"I just couldn't fall asleep yesterday and now I have a big headache." I say and try to get up again, slowly this time.

"I will make you some tea. Get dressed and if you don't feel better you can stay at home today." she says and smiles at me.

"Thank you, aunt Alice." I say and put on some clothes. I take a cup of tea from my aunt when I come in the kitchen.

"So, how do you feel? Will you go to school?" she asks while putting a plate of toasts in front of me.

"Yeah, I think I will be able to go there. But I will probably come late, since I already missed the bus." I try to sound as casual as possible. Aunt nods her head and slowly sips her tea. After finishing breakfast I run up the stairs and take my school bag. I throw in the pink bracelet before leaving.

"Goodbye April!"

"Bye aunt Alice!" I scream and hurry out of the house.

I feel bad for lying to her, but I couldn't just sit at home all day with my thoughts scattered across my mind. Instead of walking to school I start walking the opposite direction. My phone beeps and I take it out. It's a message from Carter.

Are you alright, April? You aren't at school and the class just started, I just wanted to check on you.

I stare at it, not knowing what to reply.

I am fine but I won't be at school today.

I type in my phone and send it to Carter.

It takes me a while to find the road I've been looking for. It will be easy to find the right way now. After maybe an hour of walking I take a turn and find myself in front of a big house.

House of the Willson brothers. I smile, happy that I found this place. I tried to remember the way here when Tyler drove me home. It took me some time but at least I found it.

I walk to the door and loudly knock on it. I wait a while. Then I hear footsteps and the door opens.

"April, what are you doing here?" Bryan asks me with a surprised face.

"Can I come in?" I ask in a tired voice. He takes a step back, letting me in.

"Why aren't you at school?"

"This is...more important." I say sadly.

"Okay...you know that Tyler, Carter and Ethan are at school and not here, right?" he raises his eyebrows.

"Yes, I know. But I came also because of you and Zach." We walk in the living room and I sit down on the sofa. Bryan sits in front of me. Soon Zach comes into the room.

"April? I didn't expect you here. Why did you come? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" he asks and also sits down.

"I came to apologize." I say in a guilty voice.

"What for?" Bryan asks.

"Well- I lied yesterday. About loads of things. I don't even know why, I was just really scared." I look at the floor while talking. I reach for my bag which I took only because of my aunt. I couldn't lie about going to school without taking a school bag.

Suddenly I hear the door opening and the three brothers come walking in, breathing heavily.

"So what was so important we had to come home s-" Ethan doesn't finish the sentence when he spots me.