Chapter 6

The room is very pretty. There is one cream-colored armchair and big carpet that has the same color. The floor is wooden, dark brown. The bed and windows also have a dark brown wooden framing. There is a small wooden table next to the bed which lays under the windows.

The walls are white with a few black and white paintings. There is also a big mirror in the corner of the room with an old looking golden frame. The bedroom looks really comfortable. I jump on the soft bed, almost forgetting what happened today. I look out of the window. I can see the front yard, full of ivy. It also has a small fountain next to the fence. This room is on the second floor, so I have a nice view of the land below me and also of the sky. It's dark outside and I can already see some stars. I lay in the bed, trying not to think of everything that happened today.

I close my eyes and imagine my mom, sitting in the living room alone, drinking coffee and calling my aunt, or baking some cake. My mom loves to bake. We would always bring some cakes to our neighbours because we couldn't eat them alone. I remember the time when she tried baking new recipes. Then she brought almost everything to our neighbours. You should have seen their faces when she brought them fifth cake. It was really funny. But I think they like me and my mom. We never cause any troubles and it is always quiet at home. Thinking about mom somehow calms me down and I fall asleep.

I see the four brothers sitting in the living room, on the black leather sofa. The light is dim and I can feel the tension in the room. I walk closer to see them better. I can see the big polished wooden staircase behind Bryan's head. I can hear them talking.

"But why would she react like that?" Ethan asks.

"Don't you get it? She thought I was going to hit her!" Tyler blurted out. So they are talking about me.

"Why would she think that? It's not like you were going to hurt her, or were you?" Ethan asks again.

"Sometimes you are so stupid Ethan! Sure that I was not going to hurt her! I would never do that! The only reason why she hid her face is because she has experience with it! Someone probably hurt her in the past." Tyler says more angrily now, clenching his fists.

"I also saw her flinching when some guy walked around her in the class," Carter says calmly. Tyler frowns even more after these words. Bryan is quiet, probably thinking about something.

"So what do you want to do with it? Find out who hurt her and beat him up, or what?" Ethan finally understands the situation. I don't hear Tyler's response because my dream shifts.

I am standing in my bedroom at home, in Knottsville. But something is different this time. My room is totally empty and I can hear male screaming in the next room. I gasp. I start walking away from the door. I hear a sound behind me. I look around and I see a glimpse of blonde hair. I stumble upon my feet and fall down, hitting my back. My door opens and I can see loads of black shadows in the hall. They start coming closer towards me. All of them have pills in their hands which are falling down on the floor. The shadows are approaching, their mouth slowly opening into a wide grin. Suddenly there is a full room of them.

I try to move but I am paralyzed. All shadows are now touching me, making it hard to breath. I feel cold sweat on my spine. I can feel pain that isn't really there, and when one of the shadows jumps closer, holding a huge needle, I wake up with a loud scream.

I sit on the bed, breathing heavily, still dazed from my nightmare. I hear loud footsteps in the hall and my eyes widen. I grab my sheets in panic. The door swings open just like in my dream. I can see a big silhouette in the door, standing there for a second, looking at me. Then it starts walking towards me.

"GO AWAY! GO AWAY FROM ME!" I shout from the top of my lungs, pushing myself to the corner of my bed, trying to be as far as possible from the thing in front of me. I shut my eyes tightly and can't stop trembling. A small tear escapes my eye and slides down my cheek.