40: Prepare

A/N: First of all, thank you for reading, votes, and comments even though it wasn't much, but enough to know you love this story so far. I actually can't believe I have made 40 chapters, including this so far. It doesn't feel like that many, to be honest, haha. Anyway, I would appreciate it if you had just answered those questions from the previous chapter. Please, in the comment, thanks! I will add questions again in this chapter at the bottom, so if you would, please answer those.

~

A few hours later...

Ever since the incident with Cora, a few hours went by, and no one has or heard from the hunters in Washington yet. Sam had to send Jared and Quil to patrol to check it out, Carlisle also sent Emmett and Jasper to go as well, just in case. Carlisle already phoned Klaus to inform him that the hunters are closing in soon. Jacob had to go over at the Mikaelson to protect his imprint, and Sam was fine with that as Hope is only a baby and she will need protection. Cora is currently in Carlisle's examination room, still unconscious, but her body is healing nicely and almost fully healed, Scott decided to stay with her in case she woke up. The pack stayed over at the Cullen for a while, just in case they needed some help if the hunters came because last time the Hale-McCall pack arrived in Forks from Medford, Oregon, which means nine hours and they all had a feeling that the hunters are very close than before since Cora was alone and beaten as she is one of the five missing members in Hale-McCall pack.

Malia walked into Carlisle's office to find Scot sitting on a chair next to bed where Cora lay on. She walked over to him after closing the door behind her, "Hey."

Scott looked up and smiled, "Hey babe." He pulled her onto his lap.

"Has she woken up yet?" Malia asked.

"No." Scott shook his head while sighing.

"Everyone is a little worried and probably freaked out that everything seems quiet." Malia told him.

"I don't blame them. They are getting closer." Scott sighed in frustration.

Malia wrapped her right arm around his shoulders while she was still on his lap. Before she could say something, she was interrupted by groan sounds as she and Scott snapped their head toward Cora to see her waking up.

"Cora...?"

Cora looked over to Scott slowly and looked around in confusion, seeing that she's in a patient room, but nothing looked like a hospital patient room as she was patient once in Beacon Hills.

"Hey, it is okay. We're safe for now." Scott reassured with a smile.

"How... how long have I been out?" Cora asked.

"Just a few hours." Cora tried to get up but was pushed down gently by Scott, "Whoa, hey, you're still healing. You were badly injured." He told her.

"Last time I left Derek and Peter, was in Rochester... that isn't too far from here, and I'm pretty sure they are already here, waiting to jump on us." Cora told Scott. He looked at Malia nervously, fear and worries written all over Malia's face, "We need to be ready." Cora said once again, trying to get up, but this time Malia got off Scott's lap, then Scott helped Cora sit up all the way up.

"Malia, tell the others." Scott ordered.

Malia nodded quickly and left the room to go downstairs to inform everyone of the news that she and Scott had just received by Cora.

~

Everyone is in the dining room, papers, and maps everywhere on the big table even though they don't know where the hunters are, but they know they are close and hiding somewhere, waiting to catch them or worse, kill them. The only people are in the living room, resting on the couch is Lydia due to her broken ankle, and Mason is keeping her company. The people that Carlisle and Sam send out are still out there, but they haven't heard from them for ages, which got everyone on edge and worried that they may have been caught by the hunters. The Mikaelson are still safe and haven't seen the hunters yet, but they always update them every now and then. Rosalie and Alice have non-stop pacing around and worried for their mates, just as much as the Uley pack worried for their brothers.