16: Half Person and Half Fish

Next day...

Ruby played with her foods on the plate but wasn't eating it as the questions kept playing through her head and worried for her best friend who still hasn't returned home after yesterday morning she went disappeared. She sighed quietly and kept stabbing bacon on the plate in frustration. She was startled by someone touching her shoulder, and she looked up to see concerned Olivia.

"Hey, what's up with on your mind today?" Olivia asked, frowned.

"What do you mean?" Ruby confused.

"It is clearly something on your mind that drives you mad. You were trying to murder your bacon." Olivia joked, chuckled.

Ruby chuckled softly, "Sorry, just... lot of thinking that all." She told her.

"I can tell. Wanna talk about it?" Olivia asked, Ruby shook her head, "Okay, well, just don't overthink too hard."

"I won't." Ruby said, went back to her breakfast.

"Right, uh... Tiff didn't come home yesterday. Did she have plans or something?" Olivia asked, Ruby tensed.

"She told me she's having a sleepover with Sophia from work." Ruby lied.

"Ah, right, okay. Well, I've got double shifts today, so I will be going now." Olivia said.

Ruby nodded, "Be careful." She said, Olivia smiled and grabbed her gym bag before grabbing her keys as she left the apartment. Ruby watched her leave and groaned, put her head on the island table after pushing her plate aside.

A little sometime later, she felt someone touch her back and rubbed circles on her back before she slowly sat up to find concerned Sam was rubbing her back then she noticed the pack is in the living room as well but Embry on her right side, "I hate lying to Liv." Ruby said.

"I know, sis, I'm sorry." Sam said, Ruby sighed.

"We decided to go patrolling later for the last time." Embry told her, Ruby nodded.

Everyone heard the door open, Ruby looked over to the door quickly as Olivia walked in, "Sorry, I forgot to -huh?" Olivia looked around to find the pack, "What is going on?" She asked.

Ruby froze and almost panicking not knowing what to say at this point, "We're having a meeting." Leah said. The pack nodded in agreement, and Ruby sighed in relief.

"My apologies, I just need to get something." Olivia said quickly goes over to another room.

Ruby looked at Leah and mouthed to her 'Thank you', Leah smiled and nodded. Olivia came back, "Bye Rubes and sorry guys." She said as she left the apartment.

"Nice save, Leah." Quil said.

"Anything to help our sister." Leah said, smiled softly, Ruby smiled at the way she called Ruby as her sister even though she wasn't part of the pack yet.

"So what the pl -"

Jared gets interrupted by Ruby's phone ping as Ruby grabs her phone to check on the message and is surprised.

"What is it, Rubes?" Sam asked.

"It's Tiffany." Ruby said, as she continued to read out loud enough for the pack to hear her...

From Tiffany

Meet me at my cabin, Paul and Quil know where is it, ask them. See you soon.

Ruby looked at the pack, then her brothers, Sam and Embry.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Jared said.