19: Complication

A few hours later...

Tiffany and Olivia sat quietly on the couch, with TV turned on but wasn't watching it as there's too many questions through their heads, but then there's a knock on the door, which caught their attention, Tiffany gets up, "I'll get it." She told Olivia, who nodded as Tiffany went over to the door and opened the door to find Paul standing. She smiled, and he smiled and gestured to outside. She nodded and looked back to her best friend, "Hey, I'm just gonna go out." She told her before grabbing her coat and keys.

"Where are you going?" Olivia asked.

"Just out, I won't be long." Tiffany said, then left the apartment.

Olivia frowned and sighed before went upstairs to her room, pulling out her dairy and starting to write to let out all the feeling whatever she held.

~

Outside with Tiffany and Paul...

They both were walking down the street, going to god knows where, but they walked in silence until...

"How is Ruby?" Tiffany asked, worried.

Paul sighed, "She'll be fine... she's uh... quite difficult to deal with. She's quite strongest than any of us, even Sam. It took 4 people to hold her down." He explained, Tiffany gasped quietly.

"Did she... -"

"Phased, yes. She's now shape-shifter." Paul told her, "Here the hard part -"

"I know she can't come home for a while until she is able to control herself." Tiffany said.

Paul nodded, "But Tiff..." He stopped walking and turned to face Tiffany, "Sam thinks... Ruby will never come home ever... not since what happened, and she's strongest. It's too risky." He said sadly, "But of course, you are allowed to come over once she'll feel better but... she just can't come home. You have to figure out the excuse fast if Olivia ever asks." He added.

"Oh god... I can't do this to Liv." Tiffany shook her head, Paul pulled her in his arms.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." Paul said.

"This is so unfair. Why does it have to be this way for us?" She sniffed.

Paul pulled away and looked in her eyes, "I understand where you are coming from... it is unfair, I wish there was a better way to... have Olivia involved but the oath." Paul said sadly.

"Do you like being shape-shifter?" She suddenly asked.

"Of course." Paul said.

Tiffany looked up, "Do you really?"

"Do you?" Paul asked.

Tiffany found a bench and went to sit down with Paul following and sat down, "I think it is wonderful to be mermaid, but... what I went through, I never ask for this..." Tiffany said, looking over to Paul, "Even that ruined my life... my parents ruined me... my best friend ruined me..." She started to tears up as her body began trembling. Paul seemed concerned, but at the same times confused...

"Best friend?" He asked, unsure.

"Sienna, I had a best friend before Ruby and Olivia." She told him who nodded in understanding.

"Uh... do you... feel comfortable telling me?" He asked, Tiffany looked around to see that it was only her and Paul and everything just quiet, no people in sight but houses along down the street and a road with some cars parked on sides, before taking deep breath and looked at Paul, he took her hands in his hands.

~

Once Tiffany finished her story to Paul, she was crying for the whole time while telling him who had her in his arms for the whole time, it break his heart to see her like this, at the same time, he felt so pissed for what her family put her through, he wish he would give them his piece of mind and show them to never mess with his imprint ever again or there will be consequences if he knew how to speak to them but be grateful they aren't on the land.

"I swear I would kill them." Paul said, Tiffany slowly looked up with tears in her eyes still while in his arms, not wanting to pull away from, she just felt safe in his arms, Paul looked down and smiled softly as he wiped tear from her cheek with his thumb, "You deserve the better, you deserve to have happiness." He told her while moving a piece of her hair to behind her ear while looking in her brown eyes.

"If I make it." She said.

Paul shook his head, "No, you WILL make it." He assured her, smiled softly.

"Why are you so sure about that?" She asked.

"Because I will make it happen." Paul said.

None of them said anything for a while until Paul started slowly leaning in. She knew what about to happen. She understood what Paul meant by that... she closed her eyes, waiting for anything to happen until she felt a soft warm on her lips. She gasped quietly, she melt in kiss, wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in closer which Paul pulling her waist closer.

She pulled away, "Okay, not here... too bad idea." She said flustered as she felt embarrassed, thinking everyone would just walk past or watch the whole thing, Paul chuckled at her red face.

"Are you suggesting somewhere else?" Paul asked, smirking.

"Urgh! Stop." She stiffened on bench, legs crossed and sat a little weird position, Paul laughed while holding his stomach at the sight.

"Someone is excited for me." Paul joked.

Tiffany smacked his chest, "Paul!" She rolled her eyes, then noticed something and smirked, "Look like I'm not only one." She said, Paul slowly looked down and leaned forward, his elbows on his knees, trying to hide his boner.

"Shut it." Paul said, Tiffany giggled.

"Let's go to my cabin." She said, Paul looked at her with questioningly look while smiling, "Not like that." She scolded as she started to walk away while Paul laughed and got up to follow her.

~

Ruby looked herself in a mirror. She grew an inch taller, grew muscles, she even had slightly abs that you would see through thin strap top, she looked different than before, she was completely different person well, not literally completely but enough to unrecognised her slightly but of course she phased, made her body changed differently. She heard someone walk in as she turned around to see Sam...

"Hey." Sam said, smiled softly while leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed, "You're beautiful as always." He added.

Ruby smiled, "Thanks." She said.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

She sighed, "Okay for now." She said.

"That's okay." He nodded, "I'm going to help you, no matter what." He added.

"I know. I trust you."

"Wanna join the pack to eat?" He asked, Ruby nodded and walked over to him, Sam wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they walked together.

They walked over to the table where the pack are, stuffing foods in their faces, Embry looked over to Ruby and smiled as she sat next to him, Embry wrapped arm around her shoulders before Sam taking a seat next to her.

"You will eat lots... trust me." Embry said.

Ruby started to eat but not realising how hungry she was and unable to stop eating, but she didn't stuff in her face like the boys did, but she ate lots...

"Bloody hell." She said the boys laughed before her brothers laughed along.

"I know." Embry chuckled.