36~ Past

MEERA'S POV

I got up from sleep and saw rudra was still there...

I was in deep thoughts....my chachi said yesterday that police will catch me and i want to tell him everything before hand...

I accused him of hiding things when i am doing the same, so i told him that i want to say something and he said i need rest...

But no i will go home only when he knows everything about my past, then he can decide whether he wants to take me home or just leave me alone...

If he will decide that he wants to divorce me, after this, then i am ready...

"I have been accused of a murder and police is after me, i can get arrested any moment "

I declared and looked at him to see how he reacts, but he looks as normal as if i am telling him something about shopping...

"I was 6 years old and used to live with my parents, Lakshmi mittal and Rajvardhan mittal, yes, Anita mittal and Sanjay mittal, whom i call my parents and live with, are not my parents, but they are my uncle and aunt, basically brother and sister in law of my mother, so back to when i was 6 years old, we were living in U.S.A and my father's younger brother also lived with us along with his wife and one son who was 8 years old at that time, his name was lokesh, and we were more like best friends instead of cousins.....we used to play together, eat together, go to school together and even sleep together, our bond was so pure,........ one day my uncle met a rich man on road and he saved him from god knows what type of accident and he took him to hospital and did a lot for him, like a lot even when he didn't knew who the man was, later after a week the man finally recovered, and we got to know that he is some very reputed and renowned business man of india, and i still don't know his name, who he was, so as a gift of the kindness that my uncle showed towards him, he gifted him some money in a bag, like the bag was big and full of money, and my uncle was more than excited and happy about it, he was obsessed with the money in that bag and wanted to start a business in partnership with my father, one day when everyone in the house was out for some work, only me, lokesh and my aunt were at home and my aunt was sleeping and we both were playing in the hall, suddenly i heard some noise from the other room and when i went to the room to see who it was, we saw that there was some unknown person in the room, taking that money bag with him, so we also went after him to get the bag back, though we were too small to understand that he was a thief, he ran towards the terrace and me and lokesh also followed him, but he jumped to the terrace of other house and there was this small street in between both the houses, but it was a small distance for him, and lokesh said that he will go after that bhaiya to get the bag back, but as he tried to jump on the other terrace "

My voice broke as the moment replayed in my mind like some film, i just can't bear the pain in my heart....it is unbearable....

He immediately got up from his seat and hugged me tight as i started sobbing now...

"It's okay, baby, don't stress too much, relax " he tried to console me...

I wiped my tears and slowly pulled back from the hug, as i want to tell him this all, it is difficult for me to open up about this moment as i have never shared anything about this since last many years....

I gasped and gulped before continuing...

"He....he just fell down from the third floor and........and he d...d..die...d..." i broke down completely as i finished my sentence...

"H...he...di...died...i...in....front of me....and i.....i...couldn't do any...anything, i stood there like a stupid girl " my breathing turned heavy as i can't speak about this anymore......