22~ Destination Wedding

MEERA'S POV

My legs trembled and i sat on the bed and looked at the phone screen with straight face...

I was in my deep thoughts when the phone again started ringing....

I gathered all my courage and picked the call up ....

"Mee..meera..." a lady said from the other side and hearing that voice a lone tear escaped my eyes....

I cried silently ......but could not utter anything ....

"Beta, please, atleast say something , see , i know that you are upset with what we did , but atl...."

"Mom " i said in my cracking voice ......my heart was feeling so heavy that i was finding it hard to utter even a single word....

"Yes, beta, yes, i am your mom speaking, beta meera , talk to your mom beta, i have been dying to hear your voice" she said sounding really happy .......

"Mom, when will you come ? " i asked and my voice broke down as more tears escaped my eyes...

"Beta, you know na " she said trying to sound guilty...

"Mom i am getting married in another 14 days......you will n..n..not....c.c.com..." and i broke down into audible cries now....i was panting hard while crying....

I am sure she was able to listen to my cries.......

"Beta, your father is busy..otherw...." and i disconnected the call .....

I threw the phone on the bed and sat on the ground with my back against the bed and cried my heart out.....

I was crying too loudly that i didn't realised when somebody came and knocked on my door...

I immediately wiped my tears and got up to open the door..and saw my mother standing there ...

"Mumma " i said and she came inside and closed the door behind...

"She called ? " she asked while patting my head and looking at my red swollen eyes...

I could not form words so i nodded my head in yes...

And she hugged me tightly....

"Why meera....why ? , why do you pick up the call.....don't you feel happy here...am i not enough for you ? ......i know i behave rude sometimes but beta it is just because your father doesn't have enough money.......otherwise in any other matter i never scold you.....i love you more than shivangi and akshit.....i always make sure that you feel like at family here......but it breaks my heart to see you crying for another women "
Mumma said with a concern in her voice.....

I nodded my head not able to say anything...

"See...you are my strong child...haina?.....come on now stop crying.....if papa will see....he would be angry...you know...right ? . .." she said and wiped my tears...

"Rudra is coming with his family for further discussion on marriage....will you meet him like this....hmmmm ? " she asked me like a child......

And i shook my head in no...

"So go and get ready fast...haan....and don't cry now....okay ? "

"Ji " i said and went to the washroom to get ready......

She is right ...she is my mom and not some random women who is too busy to even attend my wedding ....

I went to the washroom and took the shower to get ready...

After half an hour ...i was standing in front of closet in just towel and inner wear with wet hair and was choosing my outfit ....

I want to look presentable .....yes ...for the first time in my life....i do care about how i look ......