you can't

Grayson's POV

After Brooklyn ran off, and told me to stay here. I just couldn't. It's been about an hour and I was still laying on my bed. I got up and got dressed into comfy shorts and a t-shirt. I put Nike socks on a free runs. I grabbed my phone and ran out the door. I started to jog to Brooklyn's house.

I texted Brooklyn before I knocked on the door. I walked in, I have those privileges to. I started to head for the stairs till I heard talking in the other room. It was Brooklyn and her mother. I was being my sneaky little self and was up against a wall but in the other room I heard them loud and clear of what they were talking about.

"Brooklyn we have been over this, this is the best. We have to move" said her mother
"move?" I say quietly to myself.
"Mom, I get that but why can't you get that Grayson, Ethan, Sofia, Cameron their parents. Oh and by the way those are our real friends, your real friends that you can just come in an have wine with" said Brooklyn, her voice sounds weak in a way.
"what the fuck" I mumble to myself.
"Brooklyn, don't you ever say that to me again. I have friends, you know that" her mom says kinda made me chuckle.
"Mom we can't move to Virginia, That's what? 4-5 hours away from Grayson? Mom I can't leave him, like I keep saying I can't leave him!!"
"Have you even told him yet?" Her mom asks.

I was stocked, I hope this is just a dream. I didn't want to hear this. I... I'm breaking.

"No, I can't" says Brooklyn.

I took a step away from the wall and ran upstairs to her room before I herd anymore. I closed it quietly and started to panic. What is going on, this isn't happening!!!

I heard foot steps coming up the stairs and Brooklyn's door swung open, Brooklyn was standing there. She is crying.

"Baby?" I say
"What did you hear Grayson" she says wiping her tears away.
"What the hell did you hear, I know you heard something" she tells me. I walk up to her and gently grab her arms.
"you... are you moving" I asked her very very softly.
You know those people who try to hold in their cry but when someone says something sad their face turns reddish and their chin moves, and their eyes look shut but it isn't. That is exactly what Brooklyn looks like right now and it hurts to see her like this.

"No" I say, I knew I was right. I let go of her and stood still.
"Baby" says Brooklyn trying to grab my arm but seemed to weak to reach. "Please listen to me" says Brooklyn

I took about three steps away from her in disbelief.

All I could feel is pain in my chest, a feeling I have never felt before. It literally feels like someone stabbing a knife into my chest and twisting it repeatedly.

"Tell me so I know it's real, because right now I feel like I'm going crazy" I tell her
"Grayson, my.. my mom got a job in Virginia and she won't say no because it will help us. She is saying its what's best for her and I... I" she stops, no words come out of her mouth. Her eye were filling up with tears. I could tell she was holding every emotion and pain she feels inside.
"I'm trying so hard, change her mind" Brooklyn finally finish's.

Now I feel tears filling in my eyes. I try to fight it but I couldn't. The stabbing is still there, it isn't going away. It feels worse. It is hurting really badly...

I took one last look at Brooklyn and went close to one of her walls and leaned up against it with my arm. I was still fighting the urge to not cry. I felt Brooklyn's hand touch my waist and as soon as I felt her touch I looked at her. I grabbed her body and hugged it as fast as I could. I grab the clothes on her back and gathered it in my hand then squeezed it as hard as I could. I started crying, I could fight it anymore.

I felt like my whole life was getting taken away from me. I need to figure out a way to keep her here. She needs to be here. I know that sound selfish but I don't like two shits, I want her to stay with me!!!

Brooklyn's POV

Once again my mom and I were arguing about moving. She told me to go upstairs and stay there to gather myself back up again. I ran upstairs and opened my door. I saw a figure in my room, it was Grayson and my heart dropped to my ass.

I asked him what he heard and he heard the exact things I didn't want him to hear. I felt like someone was pouring boiling hot as water on my body, burning me.
I felt like a million of bullets went through my chest.

After I told him that I tired really hard, to convince her to change her mind.

He looked like he was about to pass out. His face got pale, his eyes were red and he was shaking.

He leaned up against my wall with one of his arms. I went up to him, holding back the urge not to cry. I touch his waist and he looks at me. I feel that boiling water again, but hotter and on my face.

His eyes were almost blood shot red and his cheek bone area was pinkish. He grabs me and pulls me into one of the tights, closest, longest standing hugs I have ever gotten.

He grabs the back of my clothes and squeezes it. I herd him breathe in, he seemed like he was gasping for air. I hugged him back fast while one hand is petting the top of his head, playing with his hair. And the other around his waist area. I could hear him, crying. I couldn't take it.

I broke down. Worse then before when I was on the steps. I couldn't feel my lower body, Grayson was practically holding me up. He took another breath which sounded better but still not clear.

"you can't leave" he says sobbing.

My heart, oh lord it feels like nettles, broken glass, razors and scissors are cutting my heart up. I have never felt this much pain in my life ever since my father died. I couldn't stop crying.

Ethan's POV

Where the fuck is Grayson??

Grayson's POV

I told her she couldn't leave. I've calmed down now and I picked her up and walked over to her bed. I laid her down then laid on top of her, our bed hug! I Could tell Brooklyn was trying to say something so I stood up and looked down at her. I soon saw tears falling down her cheeks. I quickly wipe them away.

"I'm so sorry Grayson" she says.
"Your not leaving" I tell her as I bed hug her again. We stayed in this position for the rest of the day till night. I didn't care if my mom didn't know where I was right now. I need to be with Brooklyn, the one I love so fucking much.

"I can't lose you Brooklyn" I told her
"I love you so much" I said very quietly and soft.
"I love you more Grayson" she says, her voice breaking a bit.

God I hate this feeling... I can't lose her. I can't lose my Brooklyn...

I just can't lose my

everything..

Grayson's & Brooklyn's POV (says at the same time in their mind's)

This is the worse day of my fucking life!!

//
This is really sad, even for me to read my own little chapter. And I hope non of y'all start to cry... I almost did, I tried not to.

I hope you guys like this chapter! Please keep commenting and voting and please tell me what you thought of it!!

~M 😓💕