•Chapter 50•

Jack's Hill||Sunday||8:06 P.M

English Cunningham

I couldn't think about what my mother was doing, my father told me to trust her, something I don't think I can do but I can maybe try, she must know what she plan to do.

We've been on a piece of land for minutes, the rain caused the devices to slow down, the phones were hardly picking up now, I tried to ring the phone multiple times but there's no signal.

I had so many men digging around, the land was practically toiled, there was mud and water everywhere, causing a lot mishaps.

I didn't want them to accidentally bury Tanoi deeper so I told them to stop for a second.

I tried to call the number again, straight voice-mail.

I tried again, this time it started ringing until it went to voice-mail.

Zuzu looked ahead of him where most of the dirt and mud was turned, "look like dem find something over there".

He walks off, telling me not to stop calling.

Nothing more than Tanoi unconscious.

I felt a sharp pain in my side, I hissed clutching the area, still holding the phone in my hand.

"English" Chinna calls in concern, placing his arm on my shoulder, "yuh need fi sit down, even for a second".

"Not yet, mi good man"

Yuh lie, pain a walk up and dung inna yuh.

Mi good.

Mi know mi did pull some stitches earlier, but mi can get them looked at once Tanoi safe.

Vinny hands me a bottle of water and two pills, I take them and swallowed them.

"Unu stand by mi everyday, as stubborn as mi be" I tell them.

The trio chuckle in response, "til death do us part".

I laugh at them, even if death does come, mi know mi family safe with them.

Zuzu made his way over to us, he stopped and touched his earpiece before talking, "nobody move from yuh spot, any sudden movements can cause a land slide".

My eyebrows creased together as he looked at me,"think we found something, but it's deeper than we thought, the water and mud caused the hole to become a sink hole, we need just two people to dig it".

"I'll do it" I say immediately, "don't give me no shit bout injuries, mi want fi see her face first".

My friends looked between each other, they knew they couldn't talk me out of it even if they tried to.

I walked away from them, following behind my cousin over to the spot he said she might be.

The mud was indeed sinking in where we stood, I ring the phone again, a faint sound comes from, under the mud.

My heart sinks to my feet, "ready?".

"Ready"

Zuzu and I start digging, the more we dug, the deeper the mud got, she was sinking into the earth, God alone know how much water and mud inside the box.

"We need more hands" I say looking at my friends, "mi know it might result into something else but mi need dem".

"Yaah the boss eno"

With shovels ready, we all start to dig deeper, we dug almost three feet into the ground already when the water started to pour into the hole we were in.