•Chapter 11•

Imani Sybron

Tuesday//Kingston// 10:00 P.M

Talissa's light snores could be heard once I opened my room door, I smile to myself seeing her in my sweater, the sheets cover her torso.

My God, she ago mad yuh one day eno.

Only person mi wuda allow fi mad me, nobody else.

Mhmm, yuh feel like madness come wid certificate.

Wah?, bredda shut up.

I laughed at my thoughts, although I understood what it meant I still had to laugh.

Madness nuh come wid good benefits.

Closing the door, I walked over to Tali, her hair was out and cover her face.

How she a breathe through that?.

Did affi move it.

She sleep and watch same way.

Wicked gyal sleep and watch eno Mani.

Yuh come back wid eh nonsense?.

Before mi mind cuda answer back mi cut off mi thoughts, ano sumn easy but sometimes mi affi cut it off and just make it stay silent.

I sit on the bed next to Tali and with her light sleepiness she stirred and her eyes opened, once she saw that it was me she closed her eyes, her hand falling on my forearm.

I look down at her hand expecting her to move it but she doesn't, she had a slight grip on it until she fell asleep completely again and it falls on the bed lazily.

To say I wasn't in love with everything about this girl would be a lie.

Even if she could get me killed, I loved her.

Ever since the day I met her she was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen and her intelligence was high for her age at the time, she kept the teenage boy in me all these years and she didn't even know.

She a the main reason me never turn into what my father wanted, she kept me grounded for years.

Mi know fi sure by now everybody know mi and Tali have something and ano like a me a push her weh, mi open to her since day one but mi still affi respect her choices.

Her choices....

Why mi cyaah move on?.

She never ago give me a chance.

Sigh.

I look at my phone screen, seeing a message from English come up. I've kept it on silent for a few days, it was my personal phone I don't expect anyone except the few people around to call or text.

Cunningham: Sybron

Anytime him use me last name me know him need some form a attention.

Imani: A wah?

Cunningham: Me a go a road

Imani: Me naah leave Tali wid Brielle and her goons dem

Cunningham: She a sleep?

Imani: Ye

Cunningham: Arite, mi a carry Chey then

Imani: kl, make Vinny drive unu

Cunningham: yeah

Mi first love as Beck love call him, more while me convince Beck come from waah different breed.