•Chapter 14•

Tanoi Cunningham

Kingston||3:05 P.M

Vinny dropped Imani off earlier, which made me have to give him my car keys to drive us home. Dre was a little more talkative now than before, they were discussing cricket while I was just listening knowing nothing about the sport.

Dre asked me when they got back from buying food why I won't give Imani a chance, I could only dismiss the question and tell him we would talk about it when we got home.

Well unu almost reach home.

It me a see.

The gates of the closed estate opened and Imani drove through, honking at the gate man, who waves back.

We drive by a few houses before we got to mine, whenever Chey came over she always said my house reminded her of the house on Fresh Prince, my house does not look like that but I don't argue with her, however, it was pretty large. I never intended on getting such a large house, but Dad refused anything less so I went with it.

We grew up with so much luxury, he still doesn't understand why we always wanted smaller things.

English and I hardly use the other rooms, he's got his things set up in some of them and the rest are just empty, no beds, just empty rooms.

"I'll take these in" Dre says opening his door, he got out and grabbed the two grocery bags on the backseat.

I bought things I knew he and I would actually eat, mainly snacks and cornflakes, lots of sweets and some stuff to cook as well. I didn't get to buy anything else, I didn't want to keep Dre outside too long, he needed some sleep.

Me wuda need sleep to if my mouth a fuck me up.

Mani and I sat in the car in silence, listening to the low murmur of the engine. He's been really quiet since we left Tracey's.

Talk to him.

No.

Talk to him and stop act stubborn.

A him first stop talk to me.

So? two wrongs doh make a right.

Two negatives make a positive though.

I could feel the mental slap which I found kind of funny.

"Yaah go tell me why yuh been a act like me do yuh sumn?" I ask.

Imani sighs, "mi just fed up Tali"

"With?"

"You"

"Cho, every other week yuh fed up with me just stop talk to me all together if me bring yuh misery"

I go to open the door but he locks it, I close my eyes for a few seconds, refusing to even glance at him.

I'm not wrong, if I bring him misery he should just avoid me, I'm fed up with all this running around too, it makes no sense we keep going back and forth, it's exhausting.

You can fix it but you refuse to.

I'm not going to put my life on the line for him, did that too many times.

Yeah and everyday him put fi him life on the line fi you doh, how that fair?.

"Can we talk like civilized people for once without the attitude and the tantrums?"

I don't respond but with me not arguing about unlocking the door, he took that as a yes.

"Look, I love you and everyone knows, I've been so patient with you for years to the point I let you use me to vent out your emotions but come on Tali, I want more than the occasional fucking and the occasional arguments, it come like a cycle and mi honestly cyaah do it anymore"