•Chapter 18•

Trelawny, JA||Saturday|| 1:30 P.M

Tanoi Cunningham

"How many times do I need to tell you two to stop playing?" Miss Gee questions, standing over Dre and I.

We were currently on the floor, I had him in a headlock, he was sitting on his butt all defeated

He wouldn't listen when I told him stop provoking me.

Ever since I got here this morning he's been trying to get on my nerves, just for the fun of it coz he kept laughing at my reaction.

"Make dem stay deh" English chimes in, that got me to let go of Dre and recollect myself.

English stood next to grandma, he had a can of paint in his hand and a brush.

"Take this", he hands it to Dre, who got up immediately and took it, "sometimes me wish yuh did a bwoii, cuda work yuh out to" he says to me.

"Is you make she stay that way, you never let her do anything" grandma says, "I'm surprised she knows how to cook, you cradle her so much English".

"Who else will?", he turns out and leaves through the back door.

"Come help me in the kitchen, have to finish cooking before them finish" Grandma says taking my hand.

I follow her to the kitchen, passing by framed photos on the wall, most of them are of Dre through the years and others of me and English, the three of us together.

Grandma them always have pictures from years back.

There was just a few people out back, some of them are neighbors who came to help, family members who lived close by and men English and Imani brought with them.

Chey had to go somewhere with her mother today, she couldn't make it, which left me alone with the most immature men in history.

The drive here was like a chase, they raced all the way here. Imani, Vinny, English and Beck, I swear they took their lives for granted.

They're always doing something dumb and wreck less.

"So" Grandma says casually.

"So?", I knew two of the three questions she was going to ask.

One....

"Yuh fada know you and Chinna start date?" she asks.

Still can't believe I'm putting my life on the line for him, it was like a suicide mission.

I knew the consequences but I still wanted to give it a try.

"No, he said it wouldn't work"

Two....

"Him know anything about anybody?", she was always ready to take him on.

And three....

"You happy with him?"

I shrug, "it's not even been a week yet, just a day or two".

"I've watched you two grow up and get attached to each other over the years, I'm sure you'd know by now"

"I have a lot of feelings for him Grandma, I do, but for now I just wanna see how far we can go before Dad finds out"

"Alright, just be careful, his father's the reason we're here"

I frowned, "I know".

Now why did she have to say that?.

I can never forget how Jonathan ruined our lives, but it has nothing to do with Imani, he was just a child when it all happened, we all were just kids when it all happened.