•Chapter 42•

Andrew's Memorial||Kingston||Sunday||2:00 A.M

Imani Sybron

Beck approached me with blood on his hands and clothes. His face was rigid, he tried his best to keep his calm all the way here but the condition our friend was in didn't cause any relaxation for him.

"How dem reach him so quick?" he questions, "how dem find out a desso him live?".

"Mi nuh know, plus ZuZu missing since yesterday, some bagga fuckery start yah now eno" I answer.

He looks behind me and I turn my head slightly to look.

Vinny walked towards us with two men behind him.

"Yuh get orders?" Beck asks immediately, ready fi kill anybody.

Mi a try wrap mi head around everything, the place did silent, no moves never did a make all this time.

Mi did a say it to English but him did a say fi nuh watch dat.

Cho fuck.

A good thing dem man yah know the ropes and know me naah do nutn fi harm English, else Ruel wouldn't call me.

"Yeah, Natalia just land and OJ a pick her up" Vinny nods.

Natalia?.

As in Ruel wife?.

Seet deh to pussyclaat!.

Dead everybody dead now eno.

Mi know her, mi meet her.....mi work with her.

Mi talk it already, Jonathan deh pon him own wid dis bumboclaat.

English nuh know say mi know him mother and she asked me to keep it that way, Ruel asked me to keep it a secret from them.

It was easy because the only time I spoke to her was if I went to Florida.

Most times I don't remember her.

But goddamn it, she worse than Ruel.

She have a lot of rage built up over the years from everything my father put her family through and it wasn't good.

She was the female version of her husband.

Except she wasn't as patient as he was.

Mi see that woman do some things when a job nuh do right because every move weh make benefits her family in some way.

Everything has to be perfect for her.

Perfect kill.

Perfect outfit.

Perfect car.

Perfect mentality.

She was unhinged.

It was like talking to a brick wall sometimes, she showed no emotions.

Trauma can really fuck people up.

Natalia Cunningham made sure her family was always fed, they were short of nothing.

And like her husband, she never wanted any of this for her kids.

"The hospital secure" Franco says from next to me, "we need the right information fi when Natalia reach in".

"Morrison have that lock" Beck retorts.

As he said that Morrison walked over to us with a sad look on his face.

He shook his head at us, "mi cyaah lose mi life tonight".

"Him good?" I ask hurriedly.

"No, mi nuh think him ago make it", he sighs, "this affi stop".