•Chapter 30•

Thursday||10:50 P.M

Tanoi Cunningham

I was staring into the white ceiling of the doctor's office, I was in a private room by myself with Chey while English spoke to Doctor Morrison.

He did his regular tests, testing my heart beat, blood pressure, all of that and even did an ultrasound.

I was kind of out of it when he did that, I fell unconscious by the time we got here so English had to hold me up for him to conduct the tests.

The pain became unbearable after a while in the car, there's no way I would have lived through that pain if I was awake.

I could still feel the cool air against my skin from the liquid he used.

"Chinna call yuh yet?" Chey questions looking at her phone, "caz him a blow up me phone".

"Mi phone inna the bag, think it deh pon DND", me voice sound hoarse and strained.

Mi hope me feel better soon.

"Like every other day", she rummaged through my bag, "oh, yuh want a chocolate?".

She hands a Catch to me then goes back to rummaging.

That was literally my own chocolate.

She just handed it to me like she bought it for me.

I can't even laugh at her.

She got my phone out, eyes wide as she scrolled through.

"Ansa the man before him start a fire" Chey quickly says, stretching the phone over to me.

I see Imani's contact across the screen and I sighed, I wasn't ready to talk to him yet.

"Yes?", I still had to answer or else he wouldn't have stopped calling.

"Tell me yuh alright, please tell me yuh alright", awwww.

Him sound stressed and worried.

Ano nutn that fi him stress bout.

Girl, be for real, yuh basically beat him sister to a pulp, yuh bruck har wrist and yuh deh a doctor, me wuda fret to.

Yuh just dramatic.

"I'm fine", I'm lying, I'm not fine.

I'm in pain.

"Talissa"

"Fine, I'm in pain but I'll be okay"

"Mi nuh know why Brielle love take on big people issues pon har head, me ago fix she and Kira business"

"Leave dem alone Mani, it nuh worth it, me already beat Brielle and Chey beat Kira, the only thing you could do for them is to pay their medical bills"

"B, come on, dem deserve more than that, a months dem a act like this towards you"

"And it's fine", he sighs deeply, I knew he was rubbing the back of his neck in frustration, "how are you?".

"I miss you, that's all that matters"

"I miss you too"

"So yuh say"

"How me so sure yuh naav a next female a bend ova already"

"Best believe, yuh wouldn't want me fi answer that, especially at work"

I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks, "whatever, go and finish yuh work before yuh get distracted".

"Who else supposed to distract me?"

I start giggling, causing my best friend to smile.

"Watch love", cyaah stand her sometimes.