•Chapter 17•

4:09 P.M

Imani Sybron

The sound of raindrops falling on the roof could be heard, how that possible when the sun hot for the entire day?.

My mind instantly went to Tali, haven't seen or heard from her since I told her to go lay down or to find something to do.

Surprised she never argue back.

Never expect her too.

Her father call me and ask why she deh a my place, especially so far.

The only thing me could say is English have sumn a deal wid so him wouldn't ask too many questions.

Him know yuh wouldn't give him any answers.

Him know better than fi ask me a bag a questions.

The rain starts to fall harder making me sigh, never want Talissa stay overnight but English nuh get back to me which means him nuh finish wah him a do.

Now rain start fall.

Me shuda follow me mind and go buy food before the rain start, now mi affi go drive inna the rain. Nuh have any groceries here because me no come here fi almost one year, the place get cleaned regular me just nuh come here since me the two houses a Kingston.

The only reason me used to come here often was because of Talissa, when me never waah carry her go Richmond or which part Brielle couldn't mind her own business.

A long time mi a risk mi life fi that girl and mi cyaah stop.

If me try fi stop it come like piece a me missing.

She wouldn't even understand how much me love her, deep down me used to love the chasing and fucking around but me cyaah do it no more.

Older we a get, me need Talissa inna me life permanently, if she naah go give me the chance me might as well move on.

To who?.

I sighed.

That me not even know.

I get to the restaurant a few minutes outside the estate to collect my order, the rain eased up a little bit on my drive out but it was still showering lightly.

It was a small restaurant my Aunt owned for a few years, I used to come here often and she was always welcoming to Talissa.

She loved her more than any other girl I dated in high school.

I walk into the small restaurant and the place fell silent, eyes avoiding contact with me.

"Chinna!", my Aunt screeched once she saw me, she came around the counter to hug me, "yuh couldn't tell me a you did a come by, about six months yuh no stop by here".

"Just busy with work Aunty, how everything?"

She put her arm around mine and lead me over to the counter to sit on a chair stool.

"Good so far, likkle rough but yuh know me a manage"

"Rough?", she chuckles patting my shoulder, "weh yuh mean rough?".

"Ahh bwoii, just me and me bredda naah get along Chinna, the usual"

Jonathon cyaah sick me stomach anymore.

My overprotective side took over and she noticed how my stature changed instantly.

"No need for that"

"Wah him a do?"

She sighed in defeat, "remember a him help me open the place, him waah take all a me money and savings when weekend come, me can hardly save anything anymore because a him and me have Julie and Marlon fi go school, him a make me life hell"