•Chapter 4•

Tanoi Cunningham

Thursday||Marbella Estate, Kingston||4:30 A.M

I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror, pinpointing the scratches on my forehead, under my eyes, and on my cheeks. 

Mi feel ugly.

Jaydon really never have anything to do, hopefully, the cuts heal up soon and nuh leave too much mark.

I haven't been able to sleep since I got home on Tuesday, no sleep for the entire night, all I did was lay in bed until the sun came up, I haven't left my room either. English hasn't tried to come and bother me as yet, all he did was text to ask if I was straight and that he was home.

There was no point in leaving the room when my entire body felt exhausting to walk around with, my muscles were aching, sometimes my arms felt unmovable, and everything was too much work. 

To think I had enough insurmountable things to deal with but no, this shit had to be added to my list and it just happen fi be number five now.

Number one is Imani Sybron.

All this while me a gwaan good weh yuh nuh lowe offa him name? Kiss me teeth.

At least yuh distracted.

That's no distraction, that is utter foolishness.

Imani a the very last thing mi need fi think bout right now, from him drop mi off Tuesday morning Brielle called and asked what happened between mi and him because him only behave a certain kinda way when me and him naah get along.

Mi and him nuh normally get along, him just love go up inna him feelings bout everything.

Hissing my teeth I pull my hair up, inspecting my face a little more before letting it fall as I sigh, Dad ago kill him when him see mi face.

All now mi no call him and explain everything that happen, him a try call me but mi naah answer just yet because me know exactly how him ago react.

Not even know wah dem do to Jaydon, haven't heard English with anything and Chey would have called and told me if she heard anything about him, not even his mother hasn't called.

That wicked woman.

Mi doubt she know wah happen, him never tell her why exactly we broke up so mi doubt him ago tell her him lick me and almost kill mi.

A you nuff gone over there, shuda make him dead.

Sigh, cho.

Miss Gloria was a nice lady, I got along with her just fine, I always did. She thought her son had met his soulmate because I was as calm as he was, pity she had no clue what he was like behind closed doors.

He pretended to be the perfect boyfriend for so long but sometimes he would let his real self out, I could always see through him, I just turned a blind eye until he started cheating, I let him run his course and then I said yes to his proposal.

Fucking idiot.

Yuh nuh plan fi rest?.

From the bathroom I heard my phone ringing, my eyebrows creased in confusion. Who really naav nothing fi do? a call me so early. 

Making my way to the room I had to drag myself, the sound of my slides hitting the bottom of my feet through the silent room annoying me.

Man, mi need a break, no way me supposed to be this irritated.

My screen flashed with the word Dad.

Great.

"Hello?" I answer, sitting on the bed.