•Chapter 10•

Tanoi Cunningham

Tuesday||Kingston||4:20 P.M

Brielle said she wanted to spend some time with Chey and me when we agreed we didn't think she would invite her friends.

Likkle miss Kira love look inna yuh face.

And she naah go stop look in deh.

We were at Imani's house, he came back but was out with English and Beck working. Imani hasn't spoken to me since he got back but I don't push anything with him.

"So, what you guys been up to?" Brielle asks us, "haven't seen or heard from you since the whole incident".

"Nothing exciting" Chey replies, although I heard her I couldn't answer.

My mind was focused on a scrunchie Kira had around her wrist, a royal blue silk scrunchie, it looked oddly familiar to the last scrunchie Imani took from me before we left Mobay. He was still in the habit of taking my things even after years.

No way him wuda give him gyal mi sumn.

"Tali?" Brielle questions, "yuh good?".

"Y...Yeah, just a think bout sumn"

"Oh okay, unu want we cook or order food?" she asks.

"Already tell Chinna to buy me something" Kira happily boasts, throwing a dirty look my way.

Watch goodie.

"Oh, have mi excuse" Brielle laughs, "guess him can just get food fi everybody then"

"Not me, mi good" I tell her.

With them outside in the pool, I sat inside the house on my phone, talking to Dre about him coming to Kingston instead of me going to Trelawny since I didn't get to go.

"Can come Thursday" I suggest, "mi naav anything doing for the weekend".

"Yuh sure, mi know when you and Chinna have issues unu tend to be bitchy towards everybody else and mi cyaah risk that"

"Everything good man, mi ago make somebody come and pick yuh up from school so pack yuh stuff"

"Ahh, English call me before you and e two a dem come like husband and wife, especially wid Beckford"

I chuckle in response, "mi know, dem still idle from school days, sometimes it come like them take them job fi joke"

"Of course, mi know fi sure English take it fi joke from long time, Daddy can't even tell him fi take up a pin and him nuh laugh and tell him fi dweet himself"

English was a serious person but whenever Dad a try rule him, him laugh him off and ignore him until him mind tell him fi listen, same wid Imani and Jonathon.

We talk for a while until he had to go and do something for grandma, I stayed inside the house still not wanting to mingle with the rest of the girls.

I had changed into a bikini but I didn't want to swim, I was out there for a couple of minutes but with Kira staring at me every few seconds I just got fed up and moved to the inside.

Unfortunately she walked in to get her phone, then she sat down to text on her phone.

She still had the scrunchie on her wrist and I just knew it was mine, a gut feeling told me it was mine.

The front door opened and the sound of Beck's laugh could be heard, he took something from Chey afterall.

"Tali?" English calls, "yuh good?".