•Chapter 23•

Kingston, JA||Friday||11:19 A.M

Tanoi Cunningham

The man's body fell to the ground with a thud, I stare at it before I looked at my brother.

English passed his gun to Vinny, who's wearing a mask and dressed in full black.

They both were.

I was halfway through the door when they came in, I wanted to get something to eat but English pushed me back inside while two men brought a man in, his head covered with a black sack.

Didn't expect them to bring work home today.

"You can't leave yet" English tells me, removing his gloves.

"Why?" I ask, watching as the clean up crew came in and started doing their job.

English took my arm and lead me out of the room, all the way out to the balcony.

He closed the glass doors then he removed his mask, I took mine off as well, he handed me one as soon as he got inside earlier.

"Police inna the estate"

"Patrol?"

"Not fiwe patrol"

"Oh, fi how long?"

"Just today, dem a investigate some robbery but ZuZu say that a cover up fi find which estate me live inna"

"Nuh Marcia name deh pon the house?"

In case we left the country or moved out, Marcia would get the house, she lived outside of the estate inside a nice two story house that Dad helped her and husband to build when she was just working for us, he had Grandma's name on the first house but Marcia's on this one, it was ours for now until we left.

I'm not leaving without my brothers, so when Jonathan finally croaks I'm going back to New York for good, or possibly England, whichever one.

"Mumz, remember Marcia out fi two weeks", shit, mi figot.

"Me hungry though, ago just cook"

"Yeah, do dat, the clean up probably done", he checked his watch, "weh yaah cook?".

"Not sure, feel like curry goat and roti"

He smiles, "whatever yuh want, Vinny a stay until tomorrow so yuh can cook nuff food"

"Okaayy"

He checked his phone for messages, "yaav Chinna phone?".

"Why yuh ask that?"

"Caz him a use him iPad text me, what is wrong with unu?"

"So why yuh think a me have it?"

"Really Tali?", he raised his eyebrow at me in slight amusement.

I try to hide my guilty smile however I end up giggling a little bit.

"You have that big man pon a leash and yaah enjoy it, me see Chinna do some things weh God goodly shake him head fah but you Tanoi, you and the devil a work fi mash up him mental health"

"Him fi learn manners"

"Yuh collar the man and then tell him yuh hate him, take him phone and not even a check fi see if him alive"

"As long as him in contact wid you mi know fi sure yaah go tell me, a badman, him naah dead so quick"

My brother stared at me as if I was crazy.

A mad yuh mad.

Me no mad, if me and him deh together and him can have her number same way that mean mi cyaah trust him.