•Chapter 15•

Imani Sybron

Marabelle Estate||Kingston||Sunday||11:40 A.M

"Dre, leave mi fucking sumn alone!"

English shook his head at his siblings, refusing to acknowledge what they were arguing about this time.

Talissa just woke up and made herself something to eat, but Dre took that as a welcome to take her bowl and start eating.

It was funny watching them fight over the bowl of cornflakes, if it was Cinnamon Toast then Dre was entering a war zone.

Talissa nuh play when it comes to dat, mi hate it and she love it, mi keep a box a it at both houses in case she slept over.

"Come like mi job cyaah done to rassclaaat" English mutters, "D'Andre and Tanoi".

"Yes?", they both look in his direction while I sat there amused.

She was halfway over the couch, with her arm around Dre's neck as he held the bowl down to the carpet, still eating.

Thank God me naav no other siblings.

"Fi big people unu can ramp eno man" English says getting up.

A the fastest mi ever see Talissa move, even Dre get up and give back the bowl. English sat back down, satisfied that he successfully intimidated them.

"D'Andre go help Marcia inna the kitchen and Tanoi go find sumn fi do", they both left to do what they're told.

Wow.

A the first mi ever see him so strict with them, especially with Talissa, as old as she be, she's the baby to them because she's the only girl.

"A the first mi see yuh deal wid dem like dat" I say to English.

"Mi just stress out dawg, Daddy a pressure me bout everything him a try do and in between that me have Brandon sumn a come up weh nutn not even start plan yet, him up inna mi neck a talk bout wah we plan fi do, why him nuh come here and do sumn everything him leff up to me".

I could sense he was starting to get angry and that wouldn't be good for anybody.

Ruel sometimes nuh know when fi limit himself, a same way Jonathan try fi do me pon a daily basis, it come like a game dem a play wid each other fi see which one outta me or English dem can kill off first.

The only reason we decide fi just take the role a because of our siblings, it never fair watching them grow up, shielding them from everything and still have to be looking over our shoulders because no matter how safe and secure we think we are shit can change anytime.

English have it way harder than me, him did affi raise Talissa by himself from a early age, Brandon did gone, Ruel start travel more often leaving them alone to tend to themselves, no amount of money could pay off all that damage.

My father fuck up dem life in more ways than one, still dem never blame me or use it against me, if anything, mi owe English mi life.

"Hear wah, do Brandon thing first and take yuh time do everything else bredda, tired fi tell yuh seh yuh cyaah kill up yuh self", he nods in agreement, heaving a sigh.