•Chapter 49•

Jack's Hill||Sunday||7:00 P.M

English Cunningham

"You wouldn't hit a pregnant woman" Renae says, glaring at Uncle Jerry.

Uncle Jerry took a puff from his spliff, he let's out a cold chuckle then blows out the smoke in her face.

"When it comes to my family likkle miss rich girl, nobody nuh pardon, yuh think a dem father ruthless?" he asks, he takes another draw before passing it on to Vinny, "yaah waste mi time to".

Renae's eyes almost popped out of her head when her throat is snatched, my uncle's grip kept tightening the more she struggled.

His dog tags made sounds as he moved around to stand before her, he tilts her head back to look directly into her eyes.

"Mi will take off yuh head and use yuh skull drink mi mother soup, Miss Gee naah say no to that either", lawd God.

The soldiers turn to look at him but didn't say anything, they looked at each other then went back to doing their thing.

We've been trying to get this girl to tell us what she knows but she's so stubborn.

Edwards still a run the bar code, he said he wasn't used to it but he could by pass some connections to find her.

Renae coughs as Uncle Jerry releases her, she heaves a sigh and tries to catch her breath.

"A just the location mi want Miss, that's all eno" Uncle Jerry says, "we deh here too long now".

Just as Renae opens her mouth someone walks in, he stood there looking at us but his vibe was too familiar.

Guns were aimed at him, he put his hands up in surrender.

"Mi never come fi no war" Beck states, "mi get a job and mi do it".

"Hmmm" I reply glancing at him, "weh mi baby sister?".

Anything else can stay fi now.

"Mi no know, mi hand her over and that's it"

Vinny was the one closest to him, his eyes dark as he stared at our friend.

"Mi drop a phone inside the coffin-...."

I got up immediately, pain shot through my entire body as soon as I'm on my feet, my head was light but I ignored the pain, I could feel every injury and stitches beating like a drum.

My eyes filled with tears, "yuh help dem bury mi baby sister bro, a desso we reach?".

Bro, mi still consider him mi bredda.

This a cut mi up, shooting me is one thing but fi touch mi sister is another betrayal.

"She's not dead"

"At least not yet" Renae smirks, earning a smack on the lips from my uncle.

"An eye for an eye yer, don't yuh ever forget that" he tells her, "if Tanoi Cunningham turn up dead best believe yaah turn up unknown".

Mi see him burn a man birth certificate and identification things in front a him, up until this day it come like the man never exist.

When Daddy can pardon people, Jerry naah do it.

"Wah we fi do with him?" Vinny questions me, nudging Beck with his gun.

"Make him ring the phone, if no answer pon the second ring put a cap inna him farrid" I instruct.

I feel someone behind me, hands carefully guiding my body back into the chair.

I turn to look at my mother, "Mommy".