•Chapter 31•

Saturday||1:00 A.M

Tanoi Cunningham

Chey wiped the stray tears from my ears, trying her best to console me.

The pain intensified the moment I woke up again, they had to take me to a clinic and call Doctor Morrison.

Since he was the one who examined me first, English didn't want anyone else to touch me.

I woke up inside a private room, white walls with cute little colorful butterflies on them. I had an IV in my arm and a nebulizer over my nose and mouth.

I know I just found out I was pregnant, but I'd be devastated if there was something wrong with the babies.

English have enough to worry about, and now with this.

Every time me want him fi rest it come like him cyaah rest.

"Chinna deh pon him way" Dre says, sitting on an empty chair next to the bed, "Daddy did affi cancel Michael flight until a later date".

I nod my head slowly.

"Mi really hope ano nutn serious, this wouldn't look good fi anybody" Chey mutters, she caressed my face with her thumb then heaved a sigh.

The door opens and English walked in, he was on the phone with someone, explaining what happened and telling them not to worry.

If ano Dad or Imani, a Grandma.

"Miss Gee, she's awake but she can't talk right now, yeah, I'll call you as soon as I hear anything else, yeah bye", he rolled his eyes when his phone started to ring again.

He locked it and tucked it inside his pocket, "cyaah deal wid that right now".

He walked close to me and sat on the bed, "Morrison said you need an x-ray, he wants to keep you overnight but I don't want that".

"If she has to we can't take her home English" Chey argues, "she can hardly breathe by herself".

"Cheyenne, I'm aware of that but I can't risk her staying overnight here"

"I'll stay with her", him know better than fi go against him girlfriend.

English groans, "me naah leave none a unu here overnight, none a we not even supposed to be here, this ano fiwe zone but it was closer".

"So what are we going to do then?" Dre asks him, standing up to face our overstimulated brother.

"Mi make arrangements fi set up a room for her at the house, dem supposed to finish by now, Morrison and a pediatrician a come over to watch her for the night because Morrison nuh fi over here either, but we have to get going caz we only have twenty minutes" English informs.

English tried to help me up, however, the pain was too unbearable for me to lift myself.

He stopped when I started to sob, "I know it hurts, but we have to go, just bare with me for a couple of minutes".

Dre removed the mask from my face, allowing me to breathe on my own, I started to panic immediately but he coached me to take deep breaths.

Doctor Morrison came in with a wheelchair, he carefully removed the tube from my arm as my brothers helped me into the chair.

Brielle deserve another broken bone for this.

Vinny came in wearing light green scrubs, he took over from English, pulling the wheelchair out of the room.

The hallway was a little crowded with nurses and doctors, I've never known this place to be so packed during the nights.

Instead of going out through the front, Vinny headed out a back door, where two cars were parked close enough for us to be almost invincible. He helped me out of the chair and towards the closest one, the backdoor opened and I got in, followed by him and someone else on my other side.