Meeting In Heaven

Ethan's POV

Today was the day. October 15th was the day I have been waiting for since I got here. I got up and got dressed in the finest suit I had. I straightened my tie and pushed my hair back. While Toby had aged, I haven't, so I was a little worried, but she was still Toby the girl I loved. I have been watching her and Jr. as well. 

I went to my door and walked down the hallway.

"Have fun." Jake nodded to me. Jake was the same age as me. He died in a car accident a few days before I got here. 

"Oh I will." I smiled. I continued to walk down the hallway and stopped at my mother's door. I lightly rapped on the door. She opened it up and smiled at me. She stood up on her toes and kissed my cheek.

"Good luck." she smiled.

"Love you too, Mum." I winked. I walked to the gates and pushed them open. I walked to the desk and signed out. I took a deep breath and walked to the waiting room. I searched the room for her face. Then I saw her. Even as a old lady, she was a badass. Her hair was a pale pink with blonde highlights. She turned and gasped.

"Ethan." she said in a sweet voice. 

"Hello, love." I took her hand and led her into the gates. We stood in the lobby of Heaven. I know it sounds absurd, but that's where we were. "You look beautiful." I whispered into her ear. 

"An old and gray lady beautiful?" She smirked. I leaned in and kissed her. When I pulled away, she was her younger self again. 

"There you are." I said as I pushed her hair out of her face. 

"17 again." she smiled and kissed me again. 

"Why didn't you ever get married?" I asked. She would have made a perfect wife and I should know.

"Because none of them could compete with you." She turned with our arms linked together and we walked down the hallway. We had a lot to catch up on, but I was just happy to have my girl with me again. I waited a long time for this and I now had forever with her. The forever we had promised each other in a dank coffee shop was finally possible. 

Now the only day I had to wait for was for my son to come and join us. But for now, I had Tabitha and that's all that mattered. 

So this is just an example of the competition we are having. I was going to do a Toby POV, but I really liked how this turned out. So Good Luck with your entry! ILYSM. 

-JMAC xoxo