Chapter 18

Toby's POV

I was no longer as high as I was a few hours ago. The scratches in my hand started to sting a little, but nothing I couldn't handle. I was driving in my car, Ethan following behind me. He was going to go to my house first so I could get changed and then take him to the stables to meet Das. I drove into my driveway and walked around to meet Ethan at his car.

"This is your house?" He asked getting out and looking at it.

"Yeah, that's what I said when I first came here. We even have a pool in the back with a finished basement." I said walking up the stone path.

"I saw your house before, but I hadn't really payed much attention."He said still admiring it. I opened the front door and there stood Donna, Chelsea and some guy I didn't know.

"Uh, Donna, Chelsea, this is Ethan." I said introducing them.

"Is he the guy you ran into the locker room for?" Chelsea asked looking at him.

"Yeah, that would be me." He said raking a hand through his hair.

"Love your accent." Chelsea continued.

"Chelsea, introduce Marc." Donna said getting the focus back onto the other new guy.

"Oh, yeah. This is Marc. Met him at school." She said showing him off. Donna smile brightly.

"Well, I'm going to get changed and then I'm going to take Ethan to the stables." I said putting a hand on his shoulder and then walking behind him up the stairs. I wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. I threw on a pair of leggings and then a Fall Out Boy t-shirt. I ran back down as I threw my hair up in a tight ponytail.

"Toby!" Chelsea called to me from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I asked as I grabbed two water bottles from the fridge.

"So are you two together?"

"No." I said as I shut the door.

"Oh, ok."

"Why?"

'No reason." She said and she turned back around. I proceeded to walk out when she started again. "Why tonight? Why did you have to bring him here tonight?"

"Uh, well I fucking live here?"

"Stop using that lame excuse. I lived here first."

"You're just mad he's hotter than Marc." I said walking out of the kitchen.

"Take the other kind of water, I like that kind!" She called to me.

"No, I like this one." I said as I opened one and took a sip. Honestly, I didn't care; just wanted to piss her off.

"Ready?" I asked Ethan. He looked bored and irritated sitting in the living room with Donna, Micheal, and Marc. He looked up at me with big eyes, like he was a kid in a candy store.

"Sure." He jumped up. "Nice meeting you." He said as he shook everyone's hand.

"Have fun!" Micheal called to us as we walked out of the house.

"Wanna take my car?" Ethan asked.

"Sure, and I'll just give you directions." I said as I got into the car. I turned on the radio.

*******

"So why did you name him Das?" Ethan asked as he mounted Chelsea's horse.

"Because it's sad backwards." I answered as Das walked along the path.

"That's not a very happy name."

"Actually, it's the opposite." I said winking.

"What is this lovely horse's name?" He said petting Chelsea's horse.

"Justin, as in Justin Bieber." I said looking ahead with a smirk.

"Oh, God!" He said as he pulled his hand back. I laughed.

"So, ready?"

"For?" He asked confused. I tapped Das' side and he raced along the path and through the winding woods.

"Woohoo!" I screamed.

"Where'd you go?!" Ethan called behind me. I came to the clearing and jumped off Das.

"He knows where to go!" I called back. Soon enough, Ethan appeared with a scared look on his face.

"Never do that again! I almost died." he said as he slowly got off and walked next to me.

"This is where all my demons are." I said throwing up my hands.

"Ok, wow." He said stunned. I sat down on the grass and picked at a dandelion. Ethan sat next to me. 

"They tried to give Das to me so I wouldn't be depressed, but that didn't work."

"They tried to drown your depression with expensive gifts."

"Pretty much, but my demons know how to swim." I said blowing the puff so the little fuzzies flew into the air.

"Wow." He said as he stared at the setting sun. It was a perfect orange cast. The sky was a mix of pinks and peaches.

"Yeah," I sighed. I watched him as he picked up a dandelion puff.

"Make a wish." he said handing it to me.

"No, I don't believe in that. It never works." I said pushing it away.

"How do you know? What have you wished for?"

"My mother to take me back." I said looking at him.

"Oh," He said picking at it. "Well, then I'll make one."

"You do that."

"I wish for you to be mine." and then he blew all of the seeds off.

"You can't say it out loud." I said rolling my eyes.

"Then how would you know that I was asking you out?" He said smiling. He knocked his Vans against my Converses.

"Oh really now?" I asked looking at him.

"Sure, as long as you're not high on narcotics still."

"Nope."

"Then will you?" he asked with pleading eyes. I guess there was nothing else I could say, but yes. He was the perfect guy and didn't care about anything Ashley said or did. He never criticized me either.

"Yes." I finally breathed.

"Yes!" He said as he jumped up. Before I knew it I was in his arms and spinning around. "I'll spin for you like you're favorite records used to!" He sang. We collapsed on the ground. I was on top of him as a piece of my hair fell out of my ponytail. I laughed as I pushed it behind my ear. After a few minutes, I got uncomfortable so I got up and jumped on Das. Ethan followed me and helped me put them away. Soon I was home and in bed. I couldn't believe what I had agreed to, but I'm glad I did it. "Today was a good day" my final thought before I went to bed.

===================================================================

Are you guys as happy with this chapter as I am? Do you guys like that Toby and Ethan are finally together? Well, buckle up because it's about to get crazy really fast. And God, I hate Chelsea, just wait for what I have for her later. Ms.Perfect? Ha! Well, GN. Hope you liked this chapter, bye. ILYSM!

-JMAC xoxo