Chapter 36

Ethan's POV

I was walking the mall with Jason. The both of us looking for Valentine's Day gifts.

"So when do you go to England?" Jason asked.

"I told you, spring break." I said looking at a display of lotions and perfume.

"That's in the middle of April, before prom." Jason said.

"Yeah, I know." I said picking up a vanilla and mint scented lotion and smelling it. "You think Toby would like this?" I asked Jason. He smelled it and nodded. He picked one up and held it out to me. I shook my head. "Dude, that is bad."

"Oh, God. That is horrible." he put it down. I think I'm just going to get Liv a basket of candy. She loves it." he said heading off to the candy store. I paid for the lotion and a flower scented perfume. I went to find Jason who had his hands full with different candies. I grabbed Toby's favorite sour candy and went with him to pay. I put all of my stuff in his bag so that Toby didn't see it. She was also here with Olivia. We went to meet the girls at the door. As soon as we got there I saw Nick talking to Toby. She was laughing with him. I looked at Jason who was red with anger. We walked over to the girls. I kissed Toby and she blushed.

"What do we have here?" Jason asked Nick.

"Nothing." Nick said devilishly.

"Oh, really because it looks like you are flirting with my girl." I said letting go of Toby. It pissed me off even more that he tried to play it off.

"Your girl?" Nick asked with a laugh. "Doesn't seem like it." My blood curdled.

"Are you trying to start something?" Jason asked.

"No." Olivia said grabbing his arm. But Jason shook her off.

"Hey, I'm just letting her know I'm here." Nick said as if it was all cool.

"Well, you're not going to be needed." I said.

"Dude, look I'm sorry that you're insecure and think that everyone is trying to move in on your girl." Nick said. I was pissed by now. I didn't "think" someone was trying to get with Toby, I knew. And Nick knew that as well. I swung at him, but he backed up into a rack of clothes.

"C'mon, let's go." Toby spoke up with eyes full of fear.

"No, he wants to start something." Jason said with face of a killer.

"Like I said before, if you wanna fight, I'll fight!" He walked outside. Jason and I followed him. The girls hurried off after us.

Since it wasn't Jason's problem and it wouldn't be a fair fight, he stayed out. Nick and I were in the alley way parking lot.

"Swing." Nick coaxed.

"Oh, I will." I said. Jason nodded at me. The girls just stood there. I swung at him and he moved back into the wall. I pinned him against it and punched him in the gut. He kicked me and I fell to the ground he was on top of me rapidly hitting me. I blocked my face.

"Hey, Nick!" Olivia shouted. Nick looked up as Olivia flashed him. It gave me enough time to push Nick off of me until he was on the ground and I was on top. I held my fist in the air while he cowered under me.

"Lay off or next time I will fight to kill." I said as I got up. He got up and walked off to I don't know where. We all walked off to Jason's car. I sat up front while the girls were in the back.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jason asked Olivia.

"I was thinking Ethan wouldn't get up and Nick was going to punch his brains out."