Chapter 13

Toby's POV

I woke up in a strange room. I had no idea where I was. I sat up, immediately regretting it. My head started pounding and I got really dizzy. 

"Mhm." I said as I clutched my forehead. 

"Oh, you're up." Ethan said from the floor.  Then all of last nights flooded back to me. Seth. Drinking. Calling Ethan. Ethan getting me. And now, me sitting in his bed.  I jumped up and started to grab my shoes. "Oh no you don't." Ethan said pushing me back on the bed.

"Ethan, I have to get home. I have to go to school. We're going to be late." 

"We're already late." Ethan said standing up and stretching. 

"Ethan, is someone in there?" Asked a lady.

"No, Kate, just the TV." Ethan lied.

"How am I going to get home? My car is at Seth's."

"I'll take you home and you can get ready for school. Then I'll drive you to work and to Seth's to get your car." Ethan said pulling on jeans. I guess he took it serious that I wasn't afraid of naked boys.

"Ok, but if that lady doesn't know I'm here how am I going to get to your car?" There was a knock on the door.

"Ethan, mom says if your sick to take some aspirin." A girl said as she walked into the room. "Ethan, you have a girl-" Ethan shut the door and covered her mouth.

"Sophie, this is Toby. She had an accident last night and needed my help. Do not tell your mom. She will defiantly send me back to England. I will let go of your mouth now, but don't say anything when I do." Ethan slowly took his hand off of Sophie.

"Hi." She said as she gave me a weak wave.

"Toby, this is my sister." Ethan said putting his hand onto Sophie's shoulder.

"Hey." I said as another wave of pain hit me.

"Are you ok? Sophie, go get her some pain reliever." He said as he opened the door for her. He sat down on the bed next to me.

"So, how am I going to get out of here?" I asked as I took the pill from Sophie. "Thanks." I said as I smiled and took it dry.

"You could use my window and go down the tree." Sophie said.

"She can't stand up." Ethan said as he shot her a glance.

"It's the only thing we can do." I said looking at him.

"Fine, but I'll go out the door and meet you at the window. Sophie showed me to her room as Ethan went downstairs to leave. Sophie opened the window and I stepped onto the roof. There was a brisk wind that hit my side. I walked to the tree and grabbed a branch. I climbed down, only stopping once.

"Here I got you." Ethan said as he grabbed my waist and lowered me down. We walked to his car and he drove off. I saw the door open as he sped down the rode. I hoped Kate hadn't seen me.

"Just go to the coffee shop and I'll direct you from there." I said putting my head to the window.

"So, why were you even at Seth's house?" He said looking at the rode. I gave him glance, confused at why he asked.

"He's a friend from Lake View." I said turning back to the window.

"Isn't Lake View the rival school?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm friends with people there. I even helped them steal Clear Water's mascot." I laughed remembering that night.

"Toby you are such a bad ass." He laughed.