Part 28 :

Part 28 : Can it be fixed?

Josh's P.O.V

I run my hand through my hair as I stand in front of her door thinking. I know that I messed up big time, but I can’t just leave when she's locked up, alone, & heartbroken. I never meant for this to happen, of course I wanted them to break up, but only with Jessica willing because she realized that she loved me. I see that I am wrong now. Taking deep breaths, I find the courage to knock, no answer. After minutes of knocking realizing that this is going nowhere, I pull out my spare key from when I used to leave here. I creep into the house and up the stairs. I knock lightly on her door, before turning the knob.

"Go away" I hear her mummer against the pillow.

"I'm not going to leave you alone" I say in a soft voice, laying besides her in bed, wrapping her delicate frame in my arms.

"Please" I hear her weak voice say.

"I'm so sorry Jessica but please let me be here for you" I mummer against her hair, caressing her cheek.

"Josh please understand that I'm in no position to want to see you" she turns in my arms facing me.

Her once lit eyes, drained. Her glow gone. “Jessica I know this all my fault but I want to help you" I whisper softly, watching her.

"I don't think nothing is going to work anyways” she says misty eyed. “I called him hundreds of times since he left; I’ve left voicemails and nothing" tears leak out of her crystal blue eyes.

"I think I can help” I smile weakly at her. This feeling is ruining me.

"How?" she questions

“What do you think would happen if this situation were reverse?"

‘I don't know" she sniffs

“Well I know what I would do?" I smile

"What?" she asks and I just smile at her.

***********************************

Conner's P.O.V

I enter my father's house and slam the door shut. Punching my wall, making a whole trying to get some of this tension out. My phones rings once more and I see Jessica's smiling face. I press ignore and throw the phone against the wall. I can’t take this. She is making it so hard. She is supposed to accept it and move on with Josh, I cringe at the thought. It’s for the best, isn't it? Ugh. I hit the wall again, deepening the whole. A pain shoots through my fist. I walk to the bathroom and bandage it. The mocking image in the mirror doesn't help. I can’t stand this. Why does it hurt so much if it's the for the best. I want her t be happy and I know that she can only truly be happy with Josh. She loves him, she's just too blind to see it, I wish I was a selfish person to just ignore it and keep her all to myself but that wouldn't be fair. I close my eyes and take deep breathes trying to push her out of my mind, but everything reminds me of her. In the middle of finally free myself from thoughts of her, the door bell rings.