Chapter 38

Even though it wasn't our house yet, we had access to it. Warwick and his wife had moved out, handing the keys over to Nora. They were happy for her to let us start preparations to move in because it was clear that we were not going to back out of the deal.

Because our lives were about to change dramatically really soon, Brad suggested that we take this house rather than the other, which we had also started to purchase. He didn't care which one, and neither did we. There was only one thing that altered the situation and that were the two little babies that were growing madly.

I had stopped wearing my jeans. Now I was in a pair of sweatpants that were tight across the belly that had gotten bigger. If I wore loose clothes, it couldn't be seen easily, but my pants were tight and my shirts always slid up over the mound.

Beatrice was going to take me to the shops later today. I was secretly excited because I had a sneaking suspicion that she'd invited Karina and Nora as well. A girl's day out for one who had never done something like that before and two who needed love and affection in the form of a friendship.

Anzide and I walked through the house that desperately needed a makeover. It was old and tired, and the color scheme was dated and boring. We walked up the stairs and found that there were only three bedrooms.

"So, I guess we're stopping at the twins, right?"

"Maybe they might want to share with their siblings."

"I seriously doubt it."

Entering one of the smaller bedrooms, I looked out the window to the separate garage. Between it and the house was a covered walkway on a slab.

"We could extend it to include another floor over the garage."

"Sounds like a headache for Henry."

"Or maybe keeping him busy and employed, something that I think he struggled with thanks to Ryan's monopolization."

"I suppose planning for a long future with a lot of children would be a good idea. Isn't it standard for children to leave home when they become adults?"

"In the past, yeah. Now, it's a mixed bag. We can continue to buy the houses on this street, slowly picking them off over the years. Then we'll rename the street."

"Vampire Lane?"

"Eternals Way," I said with a grin, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"How about Corbin Avenue?"

"Now that has a nice ring to it."

Anzide leaned down, indulging me with a kiss.

"I have something for you."

"Really? Might be a bit cold on the wooden floor."

"Hilarious as always, but not what I meant."

Taking my hand, Anzide led me down the stairs and through the side door. Taking the keys, he opened the garage and turned on the light.

A silver minivan gleamed under the fluorescent light.

"Did the previous owners leave their car behind?"

"No."

"So, you got me a minivan?"

"No again. That's actually a gift from your family for us because apparently, now that we've gone from two to four, we're going to need a big car."

"Great. My first car is a family van."

This was the price that I paid for submitting to temptation. Of course, he was too irresistible to ignore, so I was always going to be tempted. Probably going to be pregnant for the rest of my eternal life.