Chapter 8

It was Saturday morning, and I'd planned for an entire weekend of sitting on my butt doing nothing. Except that life doesn't work like that. At least for me, it didn't.

A shadow loomed over me, and I lowered the book. Brad looked like he was on a mission, and as much as it was thrilling to learn about the Eternals, I knew that I should be reading it and not doing whatever it was that he wanted.

"What's up?"

"I seem to recall that you owe me a lot of favors."

"I do?"

"You do."

My eyes narrowed. It seemed like this was a setup, and I did not owe Brad anything.

"Alright, I'll bite. What do you want?"

"For you to get dressed and be in my car in less than ten minutes."

"And where are we going?"

"Lunch."

"I see. Where are we going to have lunch?"

"It's now nine minutes."

With a frustrated huff, I got up from the hammock.

"I think that a bit of information would be necessary so that I don't look out of place wherever we'll be having this lunch."

Anzide smiled softly, almost like he knew. He probably did.

"Is this some attempt at bonding?"

"No. Eight minutes."

"Nine and a half, at most. Now, keep your hair on and tell me where we are going."

"Nora is making lunch for us. You will behave, sit, eat, and be grateful. No smart-ass comments, no innuendo, or even direct statements. Then, after lunch, you will go with Karina to her room or wherever it is that you two decide that you need to go so long as it is nowhere near me and Nora."

"Or you could just admit that you're planning on porking her and go to her room, leaving Karina and me with the television."

"Turned up loud," Anzide muttered.

"I don't pork anyone."

"Tell me about it," I groaned.

Anzide chuckled despite the mighty glower Brad was giving us. I grinned, and with a fluttering of my eyes, I sauntered off to the caravan.

Niko and Beatrice were playing cards at the dining table when I walked in. Both looked up with smiles on their faces.

"Off somewhere, darling?"

"Apparently, I'm now a wing woman for a horny man."

Niko frowned as he watched me rummage through the basket of clothing that I was yet to put away. Life in a cramped caravan was dysfunctional at best.

"What's a wing woman?" he whispered to Beatrice.

Pulling the curtain across, I turned and almost yelped. Anzide was behind me. The ravenous hunger made me grin. Pressing me against the cupboard, Anzide kissed me hard. Unable to resist, I wrapped my arm around him and urged him closer.

Heavy footsteps entered the caravan, and I knew captain doom was on the warpath again. Pulling away, I looked up at Anzide.

"Date night?" I whispered.

He nodded quietly and then faded out of the area. Dressing into the nicer clothes, I emerged and saw Brad waiting. His eyes narrowed when only I emerged.

"Where's Anzide?"

I shrugged.

"Did you pack your condoms?"