Chapter 24: Back and Forth Battle

1st June 2018

it was a hour before i was due on stage and all my family was backstage: and when i say all my family. i mean all my family.

they wanted to come to my opening night... and i have a feeling they'll all be there for my two shows in indiana, seen as though that's their home. all my uncles and aunties are here, my grandmother is here.
and my mom is here.

"what's your setlist for the residency then??" my uncle jackie asked me.
arguably, he's my favourite uncle.

"you really wanna spoil the surprise before i'm even on stage?" i gave him a look making him laugh

"girl just give me yo damn setlist." he rolled his eyes at me making me giggle.
i got up and handed him a sheet of paper, which was my setlist.
his eyes read every song and he nodded more and more as he went down the list.

"oh you've got some bangers on there" he said as he handed me it back
"i know i have." i say as i look down at my setlist.

'Residence of Royalty Tour: Setlist' the top of the paper stated. which was what this residency tour is called.
the setlist looks like this

Residence of Royalty Tour:
- Bitch Better Have My Money
- Barbie Tingz
- Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
- Ganja Burn
- LLC
- Barbie Dreams
- Inspirations Outro
     interlude: A New Generation Of Party      
                       People Interlude
- On The Floor
- (You Drive Me) Crazy
- Circus
- Forget You Not
- Desperado
- Sex With Me
- Ego
  Interlude: Dear Lover
- zayn malik
- Bleeding Love
- Dear Lover
- Take A Bow
- Knew Better
- Towers
- All I Ask
           Interlude: Legacy Interlude
- I Was Here
- Step On Up
- Hollywood Tonight
- 7/11
- Black Or White/Colours
- Diva
- Shut Up and Drive
- Don't Stop The Music/Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

29 songs!!! and i'm super excited for it.
this is a celebration of me. i've been in music for 10 years now. it's been a long, exciting, hard road but i made it this far.
so to celebrate i wanted to do intimate shows with my fans. and what better than a residency instead of a massive stadium tour.

don't get me wrong. i am still playing stadiums, i play wembley a couple of times when i go to london, as well as o2 arena. but, it just feels more intimate.
this residency tour is a mixture of small and large venues.

but, when i tour in celebration of my father we're going all out.

i've booked venues he used to play in.
which were huge venues.
the confirmation of those venues will take place when i announce the tour on mine and my dads birthday, the 29th august.
and we'll see where the fans want me to go.
and that's when the confirmation will happen.

everyone in my dressing room was just chatting and having fun. it was nice to see my family together again.
it's been a while since we've all actually been together!

"when you announcing the tour for michael?" my uncle jermaine randomly asked. i looked up at him and my grandmother scoffed.. "jermaine, let her just get this residency out of the way!"

"august 29th" i say proudly "thought you was announcing the charity on the 29th?" he questioned me

"i can do both." i said narrowing my eyes at him. what was his problem?

"we're very proud of you, royalty." my auntie janet spoke up "carrying on michael's legacy like that.. we're so proud." she nodded "and i know he would be too." she said and it warmed my heart.