Chapter 23: Staples Centre

1st June 2018

it's the first night of tour... or well... my residency!!!
i've got shows in LA, Washington, Florida, New York, Indiana, Canada, London, Manchester and France. that takes me up to just before the end of august.

like is said before, i just want to focus on the world tour i have planned.
i didn't want to go full out this year because of that reason.
i've been planning this next tour for a couple of years now.
it's a tour dedicated to my father. 10th year after his death. it's a celebration of him and his music.
but since this documentary is going to be released about wade and james and the allegations they're making against my dad, the tour and the reception of it will more than likely be negative. and will have a negative impact on the sales.

i'm doing this tour for him. to celebrate his life, his career. because, without michael jackson, the industry wouldn't be the same, music wouldn't be the same and we wouldn't have the artists we do now simply because of him. and i feel like that should be celebrated now more than ever.

the setlist i want for this tour is forever changing. i'm allowing myself up to 30 songs to perform. which really isn't a lot when every song of his is a absolute banger.

we're in the stage now of finalising venues to play in. and i wanna try and play in as many venues as my father did.
so it's going to be a whole ass world tour.
i am going to bring the meaning of a world tour back!

it's exhausting already, but i'm so excited. the team and i are wanting to start it at the end of this year but my team said they also don't want to overwork me.

but if i'm being honest, i just want to get on stage and celebrate my father.
the tour is planned for just over a year.
i'm so excited.

on the bad tour he did from the 12th September 1987 - 27th January 1989.  that's a year and 4 months.
and that was around the same for his other tours.
so we want to replicate that, and the legs of the tour also.
we're stopping in every city you can think of. and i'm so excited!!

i get to see parts of the world that i got to experience with my dad during the HIStory Tour. which will be beautiful. and it's even more beautiful because i get to take my daughter on this trip so she can see everything i did.
i think that's so important. i'm forever grateful for my father showing me the ropes, taking me everywhere with him and allowing me to witness the world like a normal child.

there was times he'd put a disguise on and it'd work and we'd get to go see landmarks of the beautiful places we visited on the HIStory tour.
i mean, we mainly went at night, but we still did it. and it made the experience more magical. he tried to give me the most normal life, while giving me the most luxurious life.

everything he did, up until the day i was born, was for me.

that's what he said, anyway.
he said he worked so hard to get the fame, the success and the money so that one day when he did have children we could live like princesses and princes.
and i more than anyone know what it's like to do that. it's hard. but it's the sacrifices we make for our children!
i see the sacrifices he made for us now, i see it all. and it has given me a newfound respect for my father and the man that he was.

and im so grateful that i was the chosen one, that i was the one brought into this world by michael jackson and naomi campbell.
it's the greatest honour of my life. and my legacy continues with my baby girl.

as for my residency dates.
i've got 5 shows in LA.
4 shows in Washington
4 shows in Florida
2 shows in Indiana
5 shows in New York.
1 in Canada
5 in London, UK
2 in Manchester, UK
2 in Paris, France